Associate - Equity Derivatives C# Developer - Information Technology - Hong Kong
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- Nomura Asia
- 22 Aug 17
Are you an experienced C# Developer with exposure to banking and front office systems? We have an exciting opportunity for you. Come and join our global team and work in an agile environment with likeminded developers in the industry. This role is based in Hong Kong and offers the successful individual the opportunity to spread their development wings and be a part of our growing business.
Nomura is an Asia-headquartered financial services group with an integrated global network spanning over 30 countries. By connecting markets East & West, Nomura services the needs of individuals, institutions, corporates and governments through its three business divisions: Retail, Asset Management, and Wholesale (Global Markets and Investment Banking). Founded in 1925, the firm practices disciplined entrepreneurship while building on a long tradition of serving clients with creative solutions and considered thought leadership. For further information about Nomura, visit www.nomura.com.
The Equities businesses including derivatives, electronic, programs, and cash at Nomura globally use a single platform for intraday and end of day risk management known as Euclid. This platform manages the lifecycle and risk of OTC equity derivative transactions as well as risk for the firm’s positions. To further enhance our equity platform to cope with business development needs, we are looking for a technically sound mid to senior level C# developer to join our global equity derivatives development team in HK office.
The candidate should have solid experiences in C# / .Net developments (preferably in equity derivatives trading/risk domain with top tier global investment banks), highly enthusiastic and self-motivated, can handle and solve complex problems independently, understand the concept of agile, scrum , TDD, SOA & various design patterns. Business/product & regulatory knowledge is a plus. This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious experienced developer who is eager to work closely with Front Office business users, stakeholders, quants and other global project teams throughout the organisation. The candidate will be part of the global equity derivatives team, and reports to the regional development manager in Asia.
- Participates in regional/global development and project meetings
- Work with BA/PM or end users to gather and review user requirements, provide suggestions on design and enhancements
- Follow global development/change management standards to deliver quality enhancements/solutions in timely maner
- Participate in development, code reviews, & post mortem activities.
- Participate in Rota for release management & provide 2nd / 3rd level support
- Work within a cohesive culture to effectively solve local/global business problem while building strategic platform for Global Equities.
- Be a key partner of the Equities production services team to help ensure maximum up time of systems and minimize impact to businesses when issues occur.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in computer science or engineering
- 5+ years of C# development experience with a preference in equity derivatives trading/risk domain
- Ability to work within a pressures and time sensitive environment
- Clear concise communication to all stakeholders and non IT professionals
- Strong analytical skills
- Fluency in English both written and verbal
- Understanding of trading and risk management with a preference in the equities/derivatives space.
- A working knowledge of Asia equities would be a preference.
- Excellent programming skills in C#, and exposure to other languages like Java, Python or C++ is highly preferred
- Understanding of infrastructure requirements for local/global delivery platforms.
- Understanding of messaging infrastructures.
- Understanding of compute farms, distributed caching and computing
- Understanding of relational database technologies, comfortable with principles of NoSQL
- Microsoft office platform, strengths and limitations
Regional Disclaimers / Diversity Statement
Nomura is committed to an employment policy of equal opportunities, and is fundamentally opposed to any less favourable treatment accorded to existing or potential members of staff on the grounds of race, creed, colour, nationality, disability, marital status, pregnancy, gender or sexual orientation.