Head of Audit, Retail Segments & Non-Lending Products
- Location: Hong Kong
- Salary: Negotiable
- Job Type: Full time
Please view Job Description for details.Standard Chartered is a leading international banking group committed to building a successful and sustainable future for our people, our customers and the communities we serve. With 1,700 branches and offices in 68 markets in Asia, Africa and the Middle East, we offer exciting and challenging international career opportunities to over 89,000 employees.
Location - Singapore / Hong Kong
- Head of Audit, Retail Segments & Non-Lending Products (HoA, Retail Segments & Non-Lending Products) has responsibility for management of the Group's Internal Audit (GIA) function relating to Retail Segments, Retail Deposits Products & Retail Transaction Services, in accordance with the Group's Audit Charter, as approved by the Audit Committee from time to time.
- HoA, Retail Segments & Non-Lending Products will report to Head of Audit, Retail Products, Segments, Distribution and Digital and will be a member of the Retail Audit top-team.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
Ensure that GIA function relating to Retail Segments & Non-Lending Products takes into account the Group's strategy and is able to form an independent view of whether the key risks in the organisation have been identified, including emerging and systemic risk and assess how effectively these risks are managed
The role covers audits across SCB's Retail business globally. SCB had Retail business in over 30 countries. HoA, Retail Segments & Non-Lending Products will need to develop and maintain relationships with very senior stakeholders in the Retail Business and Risk Management functions for Retail Banking
HoA, Retail Segments & Non-Lending Products will be responsible for
- Supervising the overall audit process including Risk Assessment, Planning, Fieldwork and Reporting.
- Reporting the results of GIA's activity to Senior Management within Retail Banking and relevant Committees
- Effectively execute the audit plan and drive cost efficiencies without compromising on quality of audit.
People and Talent
HoA, Retail Segments & Non-Lending Products will directly lead a team of around five to six audit managers and senior audit managers based out of multiple locations in Asia and will be responsible for
- Ensuring that the team is adequately resourced and staffed by competent professionals, who are sufficiently independent to perform their duties objectively.
- Ensuring that the team has access to the necessary training/learning programmes to execute their role, upgrade their skill and maintain professional qualifications and memberships, wherever required
- Allocating appropriate responsibility, accountability and authority to the team members.
- Providing leadership, management and coaching to team members to ensure they are highly engaged and are able to perform to their potential.
- Providing oversight to Cross Functional and Country audit teams for performing work relevant to Retail Non-Lending Products
HoA, Retail Segments & Non-Lending Products, in conjunction with other Head of Audits in Retail oversees the Retail Functional Audit team, which is one part of the wider third line of defence that provides independent opinion on the state of controls. The role provides assurance and opinion over the effectiveness of Retail control environment.
HoA, Retail Segments & Non-Lending Products is responsible for ensuring that GIA is appropriately represented at all the relevant risk and process governance committees to track and identify relevant and material issues.
Qualifications and Skills
- Possess prior work experience for a minimum of 15 years as a professional auditor or business practitioner or risk manager with core audit / business/risk management skills, particularly Product Management, Operations, Anti-Money Laundering / Customer Due Diligence, Financing, Governance, Operational Risk and Compliance. Exposure to Retail Banking, team management and a track record of career progression to a functional leadership role is essential
- Possess extensive knowledge of key regulatory changes and impact on the Retail Banking business
- Possess effective collaborative skills that contribute to positive working relationships with counterparts in GIA and in business
- Able to think critically, objectively and "outside the box", execute assigned work independently within deadlines and multi-task without loss of quality. Able to perform role of 'Change Leader'
- Be flexible to work across different functions and situations globally and handle changing priorities at short notice.
- Possess written and oral communication skills of a very high order
- Demonstrate understanding of and commitment to the SCB Group's core values.
- Professional audit qualification or certification is strongly encouraged ( e.g. IIA, ACA, ACCA, CPA)
- Able to commit to approximately 30% business travel across Asia, Africa and Middle East
- Candidates with similar experience, qualification and track record in Retail Lending Products or Retail Credit Risk Management may also apply and will be considered for equivalent Head of Audit role in the Retail Audit team
How To Apply
You can search and view current opportunities across our organisation and apply immediately by visiting www.standardchartered.com and selecting Careers. To help speed up your application, please note the following:
- You will need to log in (or register if you are visiting our careers site for the first time) before you can apply for a specific role
- Some roles may require you to undertake an online talent assessment in addition to completing the application form (to facilitate this process it is preferable that you provide us with an email address as part of your contact information)
- We will ask you about your education, career history and skills and experience, it may be helpful to have this information at hand when completing your application
It usually takes 15 - 20 minutes to complete the application form; you can save your application at any time and return to complete it at your convenience.
Third Party Applications
Please note: Applications from third parties are not accepted unless by invitation.
Diversity and Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Standard Chartered is an equal opportunity employer. We have a meritocratic culture where each individual employee is valued and respected for who they are as a person and for what they bring to the organisation.