Associate Communications Strategist
- Assume responsibility for media relations activities in Japan and one or more other countries in Asia Pacific, as well as for one or more analytical groups under the mentorship of the team manager or a tenured communications strategist.
- Contribute to the creation and implementation of the analytical group, country-specific (including Japan) or regional media outreach strategy, and communication plans .
- Respond to press inquires by providing ratings, research, and facilitating analyst access.
- Engage in proactive outreach to the media through targeted distributions of press releases and reports, e-mails, phone calls, briefings, interviews, background meetings, etc.
- Maintain primary responsibility for or provide back-up on the media information line (through which Moody's receives media queries), the media clipping report, and other daily team support activities as required.
- Update media contacts database and maintain detailed records of media activity, ensuring that all inquiries, campaigns, contacts and meeting data are input in a timely, accurate and comprehensive fashion.
- Provide monitoring, analysis, and reporting on media coverage relative to competitors.
- Provide support in developing, posting and tracking social media initiatives.
- Bachelor's degree (Master's degree preferred) in communications or journalism or other related field.
- At least 2 years experience in a related field with success managing communications.
- Must have a proven track record for superb written and oral communications; excellent proofreading and editing skills; a keen attention to detail; and the ability to prioritize and manage a variety of tasks simultaneously.
- Must be a professional, creative, extremely organized, enthusiastic and flexible team player, who can work independently.
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.5 billion in 2015, employs approximately 10,400 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
MIS and MSS Candidates are asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.