Capital Adequacy and Leverage Ratio Planning - Associate/Analys
- Tokyo, Tokyo-to, Japan
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan McKinley - Tokyo
- 13 Sep 16
A rare opportunity to work within the Capital Planning team within a large Treasury Department of a top-tier Japanese Investment Bank, working within a role that has grown in prevalence with recent regulatory changes in the industry.
- Junior position within the team, working under very experienced Risk Managers and Financial Planning professional, providing the perfect environment to develop a career within Investment Banking.
- Key responsibility is to provide oversight of regulatory capital - in particular the calculation and reporting of Capital Adequacy, which is vital for the organisation to survive in the current regulatory environment.
- Liaise with various team across the bank and globally, gathering and analysing business data which will have an impact on the capital of the whole organisation.
- Produce reports for regulators in Japan and senior business managers; provide commentary on what the numbers mean and advice on business planning.
- Produce quantitative impact studies and work on new projects to implement regulators changes.
- For junior candidates, all that is required is a mathematical mind, understanding of investment banking and the passion to work within a risk/financial planning area.
- Apt in the use of Microsoft office.
- Ability to read and digest regulations and legislations governing capital and liquidity within a bank.
- Financial Planning or Risk Management background.
- Experience in regulatory capital or accounting.
- Expertise in quantitative analysis and a deep understanding of financial products.
- Strong mathematical/analytical mindset.
- Ability to communicate with people locally and globally in English and Japanese.
About our client
A top Financial Institution in Japan and globally with a large portfolio covering Investment Banking, Global Markets, Retail banking, Asset Management and Real Estate.