Senior Principal Finance Control
- Amsterdam, Noord-Holland, Netherlands
- Permanent, Full time
- 19 Aug 17
Senior Principal Finance Control
ING is looking for...
a Senior Principal Finance Control
Group Finance is looking for a Senior Principal Finance Control with a regulatory reporting background and a desire to work in a dynamic and internationally oriented finance team at ING's Head Office.
Your Work Environment
Group Finance is the corporate staff department responsible for the external financial and regulatory reporting. Within Group Finance, regulatory reporting is responsible for all group-wide reporting to both the ECB and DNB except for Financial Reporting (FINREP). This includes maintaining the day-to-day relationship with the regulators and taking the ownership for setting the requirements of the reporting process, control model and data requirements underlying the different reports.
This is a dynamic environment as requirements and expectations of all stakeholders are continuously increasing. Besides external stakeholders, which includes auditors, supervisors, but also industry groups, the department supports internal stakeholders by providing insight in key developments and advising on the impact of regulatory developments.
Tasks & Responsibilities
Within the department you will become part of a team that is mainly focussed on analysing and understanding the key developments in regulatory reports, but also participate in projects to improvement the reporting processes and data quality. The objective is to ensure ING complies with the reporting requirements from the supervisor at all times.
- The employee contributes to the consolidated monthly-, quarterly- and year-end regulatory reporting of ING, and analyses the reports for completeness and correctness in conformity with applicable regulations and laws;
- Perform an analytical review to understand developments in the reports;
- Explain financial developments and respond to questions of internal and external stakeholders;
- Maintain internal contacts and network to understand key developments within the regulatory reports;
- Represents ING to regulators and respond to regular operational questions;
- Maintain a solid control framework to ensure the integrity of ING's regulatory reports, including the interdependencies with other domains, and on a sample basis test the effectiveness of the key controls in place;
- Understand the end-to-end Finance processes, data model and architecture, including the interdependencies with other domains, and assists in drafting business requirements. By making improvement proposals, you contribute to quality improvements of existing processes, systems and reporting structures and you take part in setting-up and implementing new processes and systems;
Knowledge & Experience
- The successful candidate will have moderate experience in the area of reporting and is familiar with IFRS and regulatory requirements (CRR / BRRD);
- You have 5 to 7 years working experience within the banking sector, preferably in the area of regulatory reporting, Treasury, or Capital Management;
- Fluent in English, both written and verbal;
- In addition, he / she will have the demonstrated ability to work effectively within teams and is seem as a reliable partner for both internal and external clients;
- Superb analytical skills, having an eye for detail but the ability to understand the "big picture";
- Good communication and persuasion skills and be able to present complex issues in a simple and understandable way to both internal and external stakeholders;
- Have a pro-active attitude and ability to operate in a demanding and changing environment;
- Team player that can build bridges across functions;
- Furthermore, you adhere to the ING values and it is evident for you that your behaviour is fully aligned with the Orange Code;
- You have at least a Master degree, preferable in the areas of accountancy, business administration or finance and control;
Please Click on Apply and upload your CV&Motivation.
We are looking forward to your application!