Global Market Ops: Treasury PnL Controller
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career opportunity in an international, challenging business environment characterized by high pace and diversity with focus on creating valuable relations with our customers. We offer a competitive salary & benefits package and also an excellent work environment where you’re valued as part of our team!BNP Paribas
The BNP Paribas Group is a leader in banking and financial services, employing over 185,000 people across 75 countries and 5 continents. At BNP Paribas, we work continuously on behalf of our clients, helping them to realise their projects around the world. You can be an important part of this, helping us to serve our clients both in mature and emerging markets, providing them with financial solutions across a diverse range of expertise, products and services. Our origins lie in Europe but nearly a quarter of our employees now work in our multi-award-winning Asian offices and we are a committed player in all APAC markets.
In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas has been present in the region for over 150 years and plans to grow its business from €2bl EUR to €3bl EUR by the end of 2016. With 9,000 employees in the region and a presence in 14 markets (with 3 main centres in Hong Kong, Singapore and Tokyo), BNP Paribas offers you the chance to grow with us in Asia Pacific.
- To play the role of a P&L controller in the Treasury P&L team, managing daily work issues and contribute to the kaizen culture of the team.
- Responsible for preparation and analysis of Treasury P&Ls in South Asia and Sydney:
- by investigating any abnormal swing of P&L;
- by performing economic analysis of P&L ;
- by ensuring P&L by-effects and attributes are correct
- by reporting month end P&L information and adjustments to Finance.
- To contribute to market parameters control and the adherence to the Global Markets P&L Policy
- Contribute to improve systems or change of systems:
- by addressing to possible technology enhancements
- by testing any change of systems
- by addressing relevant issues surrounding implementation of new systems
- Contribute to reconciliation controls and trade support functions for the Treasury perimeter.
- Responsible for portfolio controls and documentation of operational procedures for activities in-charge
- To provide coverage of duties of other staff as assigned
- Responsible for minimizing operational failure, including but not exclusively, the risks of fraud, by helping to devise, and by implementing, sufficient regular controls
- Ensuring appropriate escalation to management and/or Permanent Control (or Compliance as appropriate) as soon as an issue is identified.
- VBA skills are preferred (MUST HAVE)
- Knowledge in money market, FX and interest rate (derivatives) products
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills
- Good IT knowledge (Front- and Back office systems, MS Office package...)
- Proficient in English
- Graduate in Banking and Finance
- Minimum of 2 years work experience in Product Control/Finance Control/Risk or related function