Audit Manager - IT Systems
- Basel, Basel-Stadt, Switzerland
- Permanent, Full time
- Bank for International Settlements
- 23 Jan 17
The Bank for International Settlements (BIS) is an international organisation promoting global monetary and financial stability and is a bank for central banks. The BIS’s head office is located in Basel, Switzerland, and it has representative offices in Hong Kong SAR and Mexico City. We are able to recruit globally, regardless of nationality, and offer competitive employment packages.
We are looking for an Audit Manager specialising in IT systems to join our Internal Audit team of eight based in Basel, Switzerland. The ideal candidate is a highly competent auditor with several years of experience in IT systems and business processes in a financial institution. Additionally, s/he demonstrates outstanding relationship management skills and has the ability to work as both a generalist and a specialist across the business.
- Performs audits and evaluates internal controls, risk management and governance processes.
- Analyses and assesses IT risks and evaluates the effectiveness of controls to address those risks. Makes audit recommendations and provides value-added solutions.
- Acts as a specialist auditor or supports integrated audits as a subject matter expert. Prepares audit reports and presents findings to senior management. Follows up on remediation of control weaknesses.
- Manages relationships with key stakeholders.
Qualifications, skills and experience:
- University degree, preferably with an IT focus. An industry-recognised security certification would be beneficial (e.g., CISSP, CRISC or CISA).
- At least five years of experience in auditing and/or mitigating operational and security risks in information systems, with a strong financial sector background.
- Deep understanding of trade life cycles for fixed income products.
- Coding and advanced data analysis experience is strongly desired.
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to explain complex concepts and communicate IT operational and security risks to a broad audience.
- Independent and objective in judgment with excellent analytical skills. Able to challenge and to be challenged while maintaining the highest level of professionalism.
- Self-motivated, culturally sensitive team player with strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent oral and written English; another major world language a plus.
- Strong sense of personal integrity and ethics.
Deadline for applications is 21 June 2016
The BIS employs staff on both open-ended and fixed-term contracts. However, all new entrants are initially recruited on a fixed-term basis. The BIS is fully committed to equal opportunity employment and strives for diversity among its staff. We encourage applications from female candidates.