- Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 23 Aug 17
AVP, Service Management
Location: Edinburgh, Scotland, United KingdomCore Purpose of Role: Overall responsibility supporting the Service Manager to effectively manage the day-to-day IT Service Delivery by the Service Providers and vendor partners and continuously improve the quality of the services delivered. This role is responsible for the day to day logistics and operations of the various components and Infrastructure Operations Management of the environment (Network, Telecom, Audio Visual etc with good understanding of other components like Server, Storage, Virtualization, vBlock, Core Infra Applications like AD/DNS/DHCP, Messaging). The candidate must be highly motivated and have a proven track record of innovation, vendor oversight and governance, execution, delivery, customer focus, and be highly skilled in IT operations management.
This may encompass one or more of the following responsibilities:
Support the delivery of IT services to agreed Services Levels
- Managing the delivery of a set of Infrastructure services from internal and external providers to ensure optimal performance in line with agreed service levels
- Build and maintain effective relationships with peers in the Service Provider organisation
- Lead the IaaS (Infrastructure as a Service) vendor operational governance and oversight by leveraging industry best practices to deliver best in quality service.
- Lead the coordination with the vendor partners and Help Desk to establish best practices and improve performance of incident and request handling (queue management, SLO/A review, trend analysis, escalation management etc).
- Lead governance meetings with the business sponsors to develop a plan for continuous service improvement.
- Support day-to-day Service Delivery Management, be responsive and act pro-active regarding any issues arising outside normal service delivery
- Gather information regarding performance by the Service Providers and escalate any discrepancies to the Service Manager
- Collate information to support the Service Manager in meetings with the Service Providers
- Pro-active involvement in continuous improvement opportunities
- Incident Management - detection, escalation, investigation & diagnosis and resolution of incidents
- Problem Management - review of problem trends , proactively taking actions to identify problems and remove errors, coordination of actions required for Root Cause Analysis problems to analyze for root cause
- Change Management - coordinating of change functions and activities
- Release - Implementation of IT changes, upgrades, releases or installations.
- Service Level - maintaining the availability and reliability of IT services
- Capacity - maintenance of adequate IT capacity exists to meet required levels of service
- Availability - analysis of existing availability issues and problems
- Ensuring High Availability of Infra Services with Minimal Service Disruption through proactive Incident and Problem Management.
- Acting as a subject matter expert on Moody's business processes and systems and interface between all Infrastructure users, Infra and production support and Development teams.
- Prioritizing Infrastructure incidents, requests and problems as needed, to maximize the output of the IaaS Support team.
- Identifying long term trends, prioritize RCA queues and working with IaaS management to improve overall services for end users and business leveraging best in class metrics.
- Implement automation to achieve year on year efficiency by faster fulfilment of requests and improved service restoration during incidents.
- Draft messages intended for end users (i.e. VOT, MoodysNet Communication) based on the information at hand and make sure these message can be distributed in a timely fashion
- Providing up-to-date statuses to all stakeholders including senior management on incidents and requests across all Infrastructures components and layers.
- Collaborate with other cross functional teams to ensure ongoing and effective communication with the business and build on relationship management with business groups
- Reviewing Root Cause Analysis documents and sharing them with the IaaS engineering teams.
- Increase executive sponsor ship to greater visibility into IT operation through daily/weekly/monthly health dashboards
- Maintain the list of identified contacts for outages and provide the details to the Service Provider
- Maintain the ICT intranet site where applicable
- Support the design of support for new services and processes
- Support the evaluation of new services and processes before they are officially accepted into the live environment
- Implement Follow-The-Sun support model for Infrastructure support operations
- Maintain and manage vendor contracts and other SOW and update as needed with change in systems/technology or business strategy
- Maintain processes and procedures to support IaaS Engineering, delivery and Project Managers' understanding of what is required before new services are accepted and operationalized into the live environment
- Set and agree objectives with line manager
- Establish and develop the role in alignment to MIT objectives
- Produce a learning and development plan for discussion with line manager
- Uphold the core values, aims and objectives of Tech Op
Moody's Information Technology / Infrastructure Operations Service Management Team
Skills and competencies:
• Reporting and Analysis - Understanding of common metrics for IT service reporting and use of metrics to identify root causes of service failure
• Customer service skills - Strong customer focus and follow-up skills are necessary.
- Teamwork and influencing skills
• Interpersonal skills
• Ability to build effective relationships with peers in the service providers' organisation
• Ability to interpret business priorities and understand business needs
• Understanding of the purpose of ITIL and is able to practically apply the ITILv3 framework to the Moodys environment
- Must demonstrate accountability, sound decision making, analytical thoroughness, and the ability to work well with other team members.
- Willingness to work on call and be available during off business hours and weekends to support critical Operational issues
- BS degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent.
- Graduate degree in Computer Science or related field, or MBA a plus.
- Solid, diverse work experience in IT Network and Infrastructure Operations including experience in Technology Operations / Infrastructure supporting technology towers like Networking (LAN/WAN/Wireless/Load balancer), Telecom, AV (Audio/Video), Server, Storage, Virtualization, Messaging etc;
• Managing Successful Programmes (MSP®), Prince2® or equivalent project management qualification preferred
- Vendor oversight experience in the management of onshore, near shore and offshore teams is required
Experience running IT Operations for following technologies
- fault tolerant, redundant, and scalable networking solutions. Understanding of how HA technologies function and their limitations is also important.
- Ethernet Switching technologies and related IEEE standards (i.e. 802.1d, 802.1q, 802.3ad, 802.1x, 802.11a/b/g, etc).
- Common cabling plant standards and various LAN/WAN interface technologies (T1, E1, T3).
- IPv4 networking, IPv4 dynamic routing - especially OSPF and BGP.
- IPsec VPN technologies.
- Common voice technologies and standards (BRI, PRI, T1-CAS,).
- AV technologies including Jabber and other IM tools
• Track record of engaging stakeholders across multiple business and IT functions and at a range of management levels
• Track record of managing or working alongside IT suppliers on behalf of the business
• Strong MS Excel, MS Project, MS Visio, MS PowerPoint and MS Word skills.
• Experience managing large IT-enabled change projects
• Experience analyzing and designing business processes
• Superior written, oral, communication and presentation skills - ability to prepare high quality reports for MIT stakeholders, including senior management
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.6 billion in 2016, employs approximately 10,700 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
MIS and MSS Candidates are asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.