Deputy Head of Compliance - Advisory - Private Banking
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Charles Levick
- 20 Jan 17
My client a reputable Private Bank is looking to recruit a Deputy Head of Compliance. The focus of the opportunity is to provide advice and guidance to the business and the compliance team. This opportunity is available for both interim and permanent.
* The Deputy Head of Compliance will be responsible for providing advisor, enabler and enforcer support. You will be responsible for oversight of the continuing adequacy and adherence of policies and processes in light of UK regulatory requirements and market and business developments.
* The role holder will mitigate compliance and regulatory risk and contribute broadly to the Risk management objectives as part of the second line of defence team. Functional responsibility is to work with the UK Compliance Team and support the Head of UK Compliance, to respond to advisory queries, upgrade and implement policies in light of regulatory developments, work with regulators and enforcement agencies and conduct some control room type activity.
* Provide Board members, senior management and staff with sound and timely advice, guidance and support including review and approval of financial promotions
* Receive, evaluate and where appropriate act on internal Suspicious Activity Reports and reports of sanctioned parties. Act as the point of contact for the National Crime Agency, HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC), HM Treasury and/or other bodies.
* Help to identify and address regulatory compliance risks.
* Provide advice on policies and regulatory requirements.
* Regularly review and upgrade Compliance Manuals, Policies and other written guidance.
* Assist in evaluating and progressing proposed new products/ relationships and other business initiatives.
* Assist in analysing and preparing for the impact of upcoming regulatory developments.
* Uphold the firm's values and, by example, support culture of compliance with policies, appropriate risk management and the principle of treating customers fairly.
* Train and act as a source of expert advice, mentor and role model for Compliance Analysts.
* Manage, monitor and review team's activities including record keeping; observations of team members, instigate additional training where required etc.
* Performance management responsibility to include regularly monitoring all aspects of the teams' deliverables to ensure that the team operate to the best of their ability within the approved team and regulatory structure of the firm.
* Provide management and leadership of the team through regular team and 1-2-1 meetings, robust performance management and development support to ensure that they operate as a cohesive and motivated team.
* On-boarding and induction of new hires into the team.
* Contribute and achieve personal and team targets reviewing at regular intervals throughout the year with the Team Leader.
* Strong business partnering approach and communication with the business to ensure all projects are delivered and issues highlighted are resolved.
* Lead and participate in group projects as appropriate.
* Work within a team to help identify areas for improvement.
* Support CRO team and act as back up for Head of Compliance where required.
* Develop and sustain technical knowledge across the products and services of the Bank to ensure business is supported.
* Updated personal knowledge of intermediary/wealth management/private banking market, ensuring that the reputation of the firm is upheld to the highest level possible in terms of compliance and reputation internally and externally and to give continuous consideration to treating customers fairly.
* Maintain full, accurate files/notes of meetings/calls/conversations using core systems to store.
* Work with Internal Audit to ensure all audit actions are follow up and completed.
* Improve the process and procedures to meet suitability, due diligence and other conduct requirements, follow best practice and new regulation within the regulatory framework, suitability, conduct risk and Treating Customers Fairly principles.
* Understand, improve and apply internal Risk and Compliance policy, process and procedures.
Desired Candidate will have:
* Manager contributor competencies as defined by the company Leadership model.
* People management experience.
* Strong stakeholder management and decision making skills.
* Good understanding of local compliance provisions.
* Significant Financial Services experience.
* Can demonstrate significant compliance experience.
* Experience of working on Compliance related projects.
* Knowledge of private banking local business, products and front office.
* Good knowledge and understanding of control and reporting tools.
* Ability to assess and analyse information to propose commercial solutions.
* Attention to detail and focus.
* Good written & communication skills.
* Knowledge of Immune golden rules and adherence to them.
* Numeracy, drafting and record keeping.
* Team Spirit & Collaboration.
* Attention to detail and focus.
* Good project / change management skills.
* Wealth management/private banking experience is desirable.
* Private Wealth, Funds or IFA/Investment qualifications (Desirable)