Head of Anti-Money Laundering Advisory
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Contract, Full time
- Deutsche Bank
- 18 Aug 17
As Head of Anti-Money Laundering Advisory you'll be responsible for the oversight of the AML advisory team covering the Corporate Finance (CF) and Global Transaction Banking (GTB) divisions.
Head of Anti-Money Laundering Advisory
As a leading global bank with roots in Germany, we're driving change and innovation in the industry - championing integrity, sustainable performance and innovation with our clients, and redefining our culture and relationships with each other. With operations in over 70 countries, we encourage our people to think for themselves and reward integrity. Our large but focused footprint gives us a strong position in Europe plus a significant presence in the Americas and Asia Pacific. We offer clients commercial and investment banking, retail banking and transaction banking as well as ground-breaking asset and wealth management products and services. So if you're talented, collaborative and curious about building an exciting career in finance, you're exactly the type of person who might succeed in our organisation.
Our Anti-Financial Crime (AFC) team is responsible for protecting Deutsche Bank from financial and reputational losses incurred by financial crimes by assessing, controlling and mitigating risks. Risk types related to Anti-Financial Crime are consolidated in a comprehensive and effective risk management framework that covers Anti-Money-Laundering (AML), Sanctions & Embargoes, Anti-Bribery & Corruption as well as Anti-Fraud & Investigations.
As Head of Anti-Money Laundering Advisory you'll be responsible for the oversight of the AML advisory team covering the Corporate Finance (CF) and Global Transaction Banking (GTB) divisions. The team is part of the AFC function and provides advice on AML matters to the business and receives escalations for review to ensure the bank complies with its global Anti-Financial Crime Policies and Procedures.
- Developing ongoing and open communication with representatives across the GTB and CF business divisions to ensure timely resolution of issues and continue to raise the profile of AFC
- Managing and participating in AFC projects ensuring delivery to clear milestones
- Providing Subject Matter Expertise (SME) to Project Mercury specifically the Obligations Register and Policy Framework work stream and any others as required
- Receiving and resolving escalations from the advisory team in relation to the GTB and CF business divisions
- Overseeing the operation and management of the GTB and CF AML advisory team and the Periodic review team, ensuring business line coverage is sufficient and the teams are adequately resourced
- Ensuring a robust and thorough AFC regulatory change process is in place with relevant regulatory change implemented into business as usual processes and documented in the Policy framework as appropriate
- Providing monthly/quarterly/annual updates for inclusion within appropriate management reports including those reports required by the Money Laundering Reporting Officer (MLRO)
- Providing and continuing to develop appropriate management information to ensure AFC management are aware of the AFC related risks for the GTB and CF business divisions
Skills & Qualifications:
- Strong AFC experience in the banking industry
- Experience of managing a team
- AFC related qualification (beneficial)
- Thorough knowledge of the UK AFC regulatory landscape
- Able to take decisions on key AFC matters
- An excellent communicator to all levels of the business
- Able to build a thorough network of key stakeholders
Please note that for the duration of this assignment you will be working as an external resource engaged by Resource Solutions based on site at Deutsche Bank.
Please let us know if you require any adjustments to enable you to apply or attend an interview. If you would like to discuss your requirements, or have any concerns about the application process, please contact your recruiter.
Deutsche Bank is an equal opportunity employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best available person for a job regardless of marital/civil partnership status, sex (including pregnancy), age, religion, belief, race, nationality and ethnic or national origin, colour, sexual orientation or disability.