Newton - Global Research Analyst - Materials
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- BNY Mellon
- 15 Aug 17
Newton - Global Research Analyst - Materials
Research Analyst - Materials
Newton Investment Management Limited is a London-based UK asset management subsidiary of The Bank of New York Mellon Corporation. With assets under management of £54.5bn (as at 31 March 2017) the company provides a broad range of award-winning investment products and services to pension funds, charities and corporations. Newton has offices in London and New York. News and other information about Newton is available at www.newton.co.uk
Newton is a long-only, global thematic investment House with a long-term investment approach.
We are seeking to recruit a Materials (Mining, Construction Materials & Chemicals) analyst to join our Global Research team.
Research at Newton is a separately defined and equally valued career path. We have a team of career analysts, each having global sector responsibilities.
We are interested in an individual's ability to follow independent thought processes to reach well-argued conclusions. We look for individuals who demonstrate a genuine interest in the world and how it is developing. We prize the ability to think laterally and consider the bigger picture, as well as the ability to focus on the detail.
The successful candidate should be a highly motivated self-starter with enthusiasm and commitment. The position requires strong social skills, self-confidence and the ability to be a team player.
- To maintain a thorough knowledge of the process, products, trends and developments within the industry researched.
- To develop a clear view of the competitive position of both companies and products and of the capabilities of management.
- To have an understanding of the strategic position of the industry within the global economy.
- To actively contribute to the relevant internal Investment meetings, the research recommended lists and our strategic and economic frameworks.
- To make clear and focused stock recommendations suitable for the investment requirements of the house and maximising the return for our clients.
- To lead on the investment ideas initiated, while involving colleagues in the debate.
- To support investment ideas with timely and well written research and to be responsive to research prioritisations.
- To manage meetings with companies, ensuring that the meeting is well run, has appropriate attendance and facilitates an effective dialogue. Post meeting notes must be circulated.
- To undertake research which is creative and imaginative and not merely maintenance.
- To present investment information to Clients and Consultants in a clear and concise manner, tailoring the information presented to the audience's requirements.
- To liaise with Sales and Marketing as required.
- To represent Newton in the marketplace.
- Proven experience as a buy or sell-side analyst, preferably in the Materials sector (Mining, Construction Materials & Chemicals).
- Excellent stock-level analytical skills.
- Ability to rapidly understand and assimilate global trends and changes relevant to the Materials sector.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
As one of the world's leading investment management organizations and one of the top U.S. wealth managers, BNY Mellon Investment Management combines agility, insight and scale to create and deliver strategies and solutions to address our clients' needs. Encompassing BNY Mellon's investment management firms, wealth management organization and global distribution teams, we draw on deep expertise to collaborate with clients and tailor our best ideas and resources to meet their specific needs. We pride ourselves on providing dedicated service through our network of global professionals who have a deep understanding of local requirements. With our extensive experience in anticipating and responding to the investment and financial needs of the world's governments, pension plan sponsors, corporations, foundations, endowments, advisors, intermediaries, individuals and families, and family offices, BNY Mellon Investment Management is dedicated to helping clients reach their goals.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: United Kingdom-Greater London-London
Job: Asset Management
Internal Jobcode: 51464
Requisition Number: 1707207