Newton, Compliance Monitoring Analyst
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- BNY Mellon
- 15 Aug 17
Newton, Compliance Monitoring Analyst
Newton Investment Management Limited is a London-based UK asset management subsidiary of The Bank of New York Mellon Corporation. With assets under management of £54.5bn (as at 31 March 2017) the company provides a broad range of award-winning investment products and services to pension funds, charities and corporations. Newton has offices in London and New York. News and other information about Newton is available at www.newton.co.uk The Role: The role of the Compliance Monitoring Analyst is to provide assurance that regulatory risk is being adequately managed within the Newton business. Key Responsibilities:
- Responsible for assisting with the execution of the Newton monitoring programme to include:
- Planning monitoring assignments and executing them in a timely manner in line with the agreed monitoring plan and BNYM Global Monitoring procedures.
- Conducting the pre-scoping exercise for each monitoring review (including meeting with key stakeholders), documenting the scope.
- Conducting all field work, evaluating risk and processes and procedures, documenting all testing and sampling.
- Compiling and organising all review documentation and testing output to ensure a clear audit trail.
- Drafting reports and agreeing issues with stakeholders.
- Working though the QA process and liaising with the Head of Compliance, the Monitoring Manager and key business stakeholders to confirm and document the monitoring issues and actions.
- Chasing of issue/action closures.
- Ongoing input of monitoring work to, and maintenance of the Global Compliance Monitoring system (GCMS).
- Demonstrating clear sense of accountability in performing the role.
- Contributing to the Compliance Department's assessment of the regulatory risks faced by Newton.
- Involvement in ad hoc Compliance projects and tasks as appropriate
- Representing the monitoring team at governance committees and forums as required and/or preparing monitoring MI.
- Assisting with oversight and management of temporary monitoring resources, including summer interns.
- Providing any other compliance support as agreed and appropriate.
- Management of own ongoing training schedule alongside core role of monitoring review work.
- Solid Compliance background, preferably in 2nd line risk based/ thematic monitoring or possibly audit.
- Demonstrate understanding of the remit and role of the 2nd line of defence and of Compliance review work in general.
- Good level of knowledge of UK regulatory requirements essential, covering topics such as Market Abuse, Conflicts of Interest, TCF, Dealing and Managing, Best Execution, Financial Promotions.
- Able to build and maintain relationships with key business stakeholders of all levels.
- Able to synthesise, organise and evaluate large amounts of information, think logically and identify potential risks.
- Experience of applying monitoring methodologies / audit methodology within financial organisations, preferably within the investment management industry.
- Well organised self-starter, able to prioritise quickly and adapt to tight timeframes and meet deadlines.
- Able to walk through processes and procedures and detect possible control weaknesses to target testing appropriately.
- A good attention to detail balanced with ability to see a wider perspective.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
As one of the world's leading investment management organizations and one of the top U.S. wealth managers, BNY Mellon Investment Management combines agility, insight and scale to create and deliver strategies and solutions to address our clients' needs. Encompassing BNY Mellon's investment management firms, wealth management organization and global distribution teams, we draw on deep expertise to collaborate with clients and tailor our best ideas and resources to meet their specific needs. We pride ourselves on providing dedicated service through our network of global professionals who have a deep understanding of local requirements. With our extensive experience in anticipating and responding to the investment and financial needs of the world's governments, pension plan sponsors, corporations, foundations, endowments, advisors, intermediaries, individuals and families, and family offices, BNY Mellon Investment Management is dedicated to helping clients reach their goals.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: United Kingdom-Greater London-London
Job: Asset Management
Internal Jobcode: 50346
Requisition Number: 1706953