Be a Part of Our Success
Senior Graphic DesignerWhat is the opportunity?
Assist the Digital, Design and Graphic services teams working on design projects, producing artwork for both print and digital. Provide creative input and execute marketing, communications and promotional materials within brand standards, maintain a corporate-wide level of design integrity in keeping with established design standards, and support the wider marketing team in producing time restricted digital and print designs.
What will you do?
- Experience leading a project from concept to implementation. Offering unique solutions that promote brand consistency, enhance quality and clearly communicate key messages
- Understand the business implications of decisions and the ability to strive to improve organizational performance
- Design and produce various print, digital and promotional materials (brochures, fact sheets, folders, advertisements, newsletters, posters, large format print, email, web pages, banner ads, infographics, and additional marketing materials as required) based on objectives and copy outlined by marketing colleagues.
- Follow (and sometimes challenge) brand standards for all marketing material
- Liaise with external vendors as required
- Strong production capabilities including file preparation (print and digital)
What do you need to succeed?
- Degree/diploma in Graphic Design (3+ year program)
- Extensive professional design experience and some experience
in lead designer role demonstrating specialized knowledge of professional graphic design standards and techniques
- Depth of knowledge in typography, composition and developing brand elements for print and digital
- Proven knowledge of web optimization techniques
- Proven knowledge of online/digital animation and motion graphics techniques
- Proven knowledge of responsive and adaptive design for mobile and table
- Strong written, verbal and presentation skills; effective vendor relationship and negotiating skills
- Event design
- Video / audio editing and motion graphics
- HTML email and newsletter design and UX/UI design skills
What's in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
Royal Bank of Canada is Canada's largest bank, and one of the largest banks in the world, based on market capitalization. We are one of North America's leading diversified financial services companies, and provide personal and commercial banking, wealth management, insurance, investor services and capital markets products and services on a global basis. We have over 80,000 full- and part-time employees who serve more than 16 million personal, business, public sector and institutional clients through offices in Canada, the U.S. and 37 other countries. For more information, please visit rbc.com .
Get Career Alerts
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up for Career Alerts and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers .
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
RBC is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. Disability-related accommodations during the application process are available upon request.
City: City of London
Address: Riverbank House
Work Hours/Week: 35
Work Environment: Office
Employment Type: Permanent
Career Level: Experienced Hire/Professional
Pay Type: Salaried
Required Travel (%): 0-25
People Manager: No
Application Deadline: 2017-07-16
Req ID: 139463
Posting Notes: [[mfield1]]