Senior Manager Operational Risk Policy & Framework - VP
- £90-100k + Bonus + Benefits
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Hudson Banking
- 21 Aug 17
Our client is a global bank requiring a Senior Manager Operational Risk Policy & Framework - VP based in London.
• The job holder will have regional responsibility for supporting the execution and adoption of the Operational Risk Management Framework (ORMF), with particular focus on the scenario analysis, capital and risk appetite elements. Specific responsibilities include:
• Supporting the definition and development of the Global Operational Risk strategy, policy and capital requirements;
• Supporting the broader design, implementation and adoption of the ORMF as part of the Operational Risk Transformation Programme (ORTP);
• Leading assessment of the level of adoption of the ORMF across the region, and position against risk appetite;
• Supporting the production, quality assurance and development of the bank's Internal Capital Adequacy Assessment Process (ICAAP) and other submissions to regulators;
• Coordinating and supporting the region’s annual scenario analysis programme;
• Championing Operational Risk excellence and the adoption of the Three Lines of Defence across the bank;
• Supporting the transition of management of the new ORMF from the ORTP to BAU teams;
• Acting as the main point of contact for ORMF support and queries, drawing upon the central team where appropriate;
• Supporting the activities of the central strategy, policy and capital team, while also coordinating its relationship across the regions and business lines;
• Preparing papers and reporting to governance fora on the level of ORMF adoption and progress against policy and framework deliverables;
Knowledge & Experience / Qualifications
• Knowledge and experience of Operational Risk management and of the regulatory envionment in the financial services sector.
• Broad understanding of the evolution of Operational Risk frameworks and regulation.
• General understanding of other risk disciplines.
• Ability to assess risk trends both internally and externally.
• An understanding of both internal and external best practices.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, ability fo influence others.
• Ability to work in a challenging and constantly changing environment.