- GBP60000 - GBP70000 per annum
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Robert Walters UK
- 14 Aug 17
A Global Banking Group within London is searching for an experienced accountant with a strong technical acumen surrounding products and financial reporting standards and guidelines. Joining the firm as Technical Accountant you will operate at a group level with exposure to all parts of the bank .
As Technical Accountant, you will work in a team of subject matter experts partnering with cross functional areas ensuring they are one step ahead of any new standards and changes to existing standards.
You will provide technical accounting guidance, supporting finance and business functions in understanding how accounting standards apply to their activities, products and transactions.
- Providing accounting advice to other areas of the bank, partnering finance and business units in relation to the integrity of the application of accounting policies.
- Identifying and managing accounting risk
- Managing and resolving accounting issues across different businesses/areas of the banks and engaging multiple stakeholders
- Review and approve new transactions and new products including contributing to transaction development
- Supporting the design and delivery of technical accounting training materials to Finance colleagues, other support functions and front office
- Implementing new accounting standards, reviewing and remediating as required for application of existing requirements
Required skills & experience:
The ideal candidate will preferably hold an accounting qualification with post qualification experience. Ability and demonstrated interest in understanding and applying technical accounting requirements under IFRS. It is not necessary to have a fully developed technical accounting knowledge as this will be expanded in-role, but existing capability and evidence of understanding of IFRS accounting requirements and their implications to products and transactions is required. Strong analytical skills and capability for self directed research and work, which is required in order to resolve technical accounting matters. Good communication skills (verbal and written) which is necessary to ensure that technical requirements are understood by clients and other stakeholders
The ideal candidate will preferably hold an accounting qualification (ACA/ACCA or international equivalent) with proven technical accounting experience particularly around IFRS and IAS. A track record of success partnering cross functional stakeholders is essential to succeed in this role.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a large banking group and swiftly make a name for yourself amongst senior stakeholders. Given the exposure and responsibility, you will be in a great position from which you can progress.