Corporate Tax Compliance Officer
The Corporate Tax Compliance Officer will be responsible for assisting the Section VP on: Tax Compliance, Provision, Research and Audit. Specific duties include: * Prepare Federal, State & Local tax returns including quarterly estimated payments for separate, consolidated, unitary and worldwide tax filings. * Calculate
The Corporate Tax Compliance Officer will be responsible for assisting the Section VP on: Tax Compliance, Provision, Research and Audit.
Specific duties include:
- Prepare Federal, State & Local tax returns including quarterly estimated payments for separate, consolidated, unitary and worldwide tax filings.
- Calculate monthly tax provisions, book postings and reconcile tax balances. Assist in the preparation of financial statement tax footnotes and disclosures.
- Research and develop return positions and supporting documentation.
- Communicate findings to management.
- Be proficient in tax preparation software (Onesource preferably).
- Liaison with outside CPA firm reviewers.
- Assist with responding to Tax Authorities queries and audits.
- Calculate and process intercompany tax sharing payments.
- Assist with information reporting and withholding taxes.
- Prepare reports for management and Head Office.
- Organize and maintain permanent tax files.
- Prepare annual reports.
- Proficient in Word, Excel and Tax research tools.
Mizuho Bank Ltd. offers a competitive total rewards package.
We are an EEO/AA Employer - M/F/Disability/Veteran.
We participate in the E-Verify program.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Mizuho Americas is a leading financial institution that offers clients award-winning strategic and creative solutions in corporate and investment banking, financing, securities, treasury services, asset management, research and more. We have experts in offices throughout the US, Canada, Mexico, Brazil and Chile. Our operations in the Americas connect our broad client base of major corporations, financial institutions and public sector entities to local markets and the vast global network of our parent company—Mizuho Financial Group.
Mizuho Financial Group is one of the largest financial institutions in the world, offering comprehensive financial and strategic services including private banking and venture capital through its subsidiaries. Based in Japan, the group has over 56,000 professionals working in 920 offices in nearly 40 countries throughout Asia, EMEA, and the Americas. As of March 31, 2016 its total assets were $1.8 trillion.