Partner Sales Manager, Federal
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts. Job Category
Alliances & Channels Job Details
The Worldwide Alliances & Channels organisation at Salesforce provides global leadership developing partnerships with our Strategic Consulting Partners, System Integrator Partners and ISV Partners. Salesforce works closely with our ecosystem partners to create and deliver assets to drive customer success for specific industries. The Partner Sales Manager (PSM) is responsible for driving the strategic development of our engagement with Partners within industries.
The PSM will be responsible for developing and managing our end-to-end partner strategy for the Australian Federal Government team. This includes developing the Alliances Strategy and Go-To-Market plan, sales team alignment, supporting channel organisations (such as partner marketing and partner enablement), and other key stakeholders.
The PSM's responsibility will be to be an advisor to our sales teams on existing partner industry and capability and future needs. They will drive the execution of revenue-driving programs and initiatives with partners for the industry. The PSM will be responsible for evangelising Salesforce's value proposition to partners and facilitating the partner ecosystems' value proposition within Salesforce and affiliated companies. They will also play a key role in aligning with partners to deliver ongoing customer success. Key to the position is developing a deep understanding of our ecosystem for Federal Government and effective collaboration with multiple cross-functional stakeholders, including sales, alliances, marketing, legal, and operations.
This is a key and strategic role that requires a balance of strategy with a strong roll-up your sleeves and 'get it done' mentality. Success requires the design and execution of a plan to develop and accelerate the growth of our partner ecosystem across Federal Government.
You are a highly motivated team player who loves a fast paced, cross-functional environment. You have the ability to establish broad senior level relationships. You have a proven track record on delivering results and getting things done. You are smart, have strong business acumen, with the ability to make a notable impact within your first 90 days at Salesforce. You are able to effectively communicate and build relationships with SI, ISV partners and executive leaders in the partner ecosystem.
- Work with local leaders from across Salesforce to develop a strategy and plan to drive influenced ACV growth and deliver ongoing customer success with our partner ecosystem for Federal Government
- Take partner sales plays, offerings and industry assets/solutions and align with our Salesforce teams (Partner Account Managers, Sales, Account Executives, Industry Teams, Mulesoft, Tableau, etc.) (single point of accountability)
- Identify target accounts and sign off with sales and partner leadership to drive execution and governance
- Work with the global Alliances & Channels team members to share best practice and execute GTM plans for the industry
- Manage and deliver pipeline and revenue tied to the industry's strategies and initiatives in close alignment with internal and external stakeholders
- Conduct regular cadence between the Partner & Salesforce stakeholders and adjust strategies
- Ensure effective and timely internal & external communication and coordination of Salesforce's ecosystem strategy & execution results
- Understand the breadth and depth of the partner ecosystem and develop a plan to recruit partners
- Identify partner enablement needs and align with internal resources to fill the gaps
- Drive a partner marketing plan aligned with the needs of the business and ecosystem objectives
- Extensive external industry network in Public Sector with experience in Cloud SaaS based solutions ideal
- Strong executive selling and business development skills; proven ability to understand different partner GTM models.
- A proven track record in CXO engagement and interaction
- Proven ability to build, lead and execute strategy in a cross-functional environment.
- Demonstrated analytical, organisational, and project management skills, using relevant information to make timely and critical decisions that affect cross-functional teams and has substantial impact on investments and program effectiveness.
- Demonstrable proof of producing measurable results of influenced revenue or growing a business
- Ability to build and maintain positive working relationships while delivering results in a highly complex, matrixed global organisation.
- Strong drive, excellent communication skills and character qualities that match with company core values and inspires others to follow and act
- Strong tolerance for ambiguity; able to focus and execute in a changing environment; ability to make things happen.
- 5+ years in a channel sales or channel management roles with experience managing a Global System Integrator or Consulting partner ideal but not essential.
- 10+ years in Public Sector industry experience with a proven track record of success including in a direct sales role.
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form. Posting Statement
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesfore.com or Salesforce.org.
Salesforce welcomes all.