Blockchain Strategy Consultant
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Seeking a Blockchain Strategy Consultant
to join an innovative and growing team in Australia and New Zealand - a team that is helping businesses realise the potential of blockchain technology.
The role involves lead generation with clients, driving the sales engagement process and structuring deals on our solutions offerings from, providing consulting advisory services to Minimum Viable Products, through to enterprise-grade and production-ready solutions. We ask bold questions and help our clients think differently. We develop strategies that are supported by robust business cases to ensure benefits are realized.
As the successful candidate you will be a strong sales leader with experience of delivering blockchain projects and enterprise applications here in Australian market and/or globally.
As a Blockchain Strategy Consultant, your responsibilities will include:
• Supporting and leading development of new business opportunities.
• Generating repeat sales at assigned clients and supporting sales efforts of the practice.
• Delivering subject matter expertise across selected industries.
• Building industry and region-specific IBM viewpoints and offerings for blockchain.
• Creating awareness in the market and delivering IBM's POV on Blockchain in our key accounts.
• Becoming a trusted blockchain advisor for clients building new visions and business models.
• Developing and delivering business strategy and implementation roadmaps.
• Managing client relationships.
• Conceptualizing and developing relevant use cases, proof-of-concepts (POC) and pilots.
• Leading multi-disciplinary teams of talented consultants, business analysts and technical practitioners to successful delivery of complex blockchain technology applications.
• Contributing to the growth and eminence of the practice through thought leadership and practice development activities.
• Helping our clients explore disruptive strategies that create business value.
• Promoting IBM's unique value proposition in the market. The Requirements:
• Strong sales/strategy consultant with industry eminence who can lead business
transformations through emerging technologies such as blockchain.
• Extensive sales and business development experience including strong knowledge of blockchain, Distributed Ledger Technology, and smart contracts solutions.
• Good understanding of business process re-engineering and development of enterprise ecosystems.
• Must be effective in handling the multiple client conversations required to build blockchain networks.
• Proven business analysis experience within an IT environment.
• Understand basic fundamentals of software development processes and procedures.
• Ability to proactively participate in customer engagements, follow direction from lead technicians, work with end users, and participate in technical planning.
• Experience of working on technology-led business transformation projects.
• Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment.
• Possess strong communications and facilitation skills.
• A technology and developer background is an advantage.
• Versed in agile methodologies and tools.
• Teamwork, flexibility, initiative, networking, communication and organization competencies.
• Willing to travel (domestically and globally) up to 4 days a week.
Intrigued? We invite you to explore this unique opportunity. Career Growth:
Our goal is to be essential to the world, which starts with our people. Company wide we have kicked off an internal talent strategy program. At our core, we are committed to believing and investing in our workforce through:
• Skill development: helping our employees grow their foundational skills
• Finding the dream job at IBM : navigating our company with the potential for many careers by channeling an employee's strengths and career aspirations
• Diversity of people : Diversity of thought driving collective innovation
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
About Business Unit
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.