Program Architect, Mulesoft | ANZ
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts. Job Category
Mulesoft - Customer Success Group Job Details
Our team is constantly growing and would be keen receive expressions of interest
and to have exploratory chats with experienced Program Architects who may be interested in joining our team!
The Program Architect plays a critical role within MuleSoft Services, serving as a strategic advisor and MuleSoft product and platform expert to the company's largest, most complex enterprise customers. The Architect helps to advance integration maturity by providing design guidance around common patterns, API lifecycle, centralised management, shared infrastructure, technical leadership, and other best practices. The right person will also expand our footprint into additional customer groups by setting up a Center for Enablement (C4E), including the identification of MuleSoft experts, knowledge and code repositories, reusable components, and transformational KPIs/value achieved with the Anypoint Platform. What You'll Achieve
- Attend KickStart and certify on product training, come up to speed on our sales messaging, delivery methodology (OBD), value proposition, and platform capabilities.
- Begin participation in field activities with clients by shadowing account/delivery teams and practicing enablement gained from training
- Get project hand-on experience with the MuleSoft Anypoint Platform and start on your journey to internalize business outcomes and business context relevance to MuleSoft advisory methodologies and approaches
- Start to develop and contribute subject matter expertise and advisory deliverables to internal knowledge exchange
- Contribute to a customer enablement plan and tailor that plan for each different group to best set them up for success
- Establish, evangelize, and begin to lead the core MuleSoft C4E team, evangelizing the Anypoint Platform, Outcome Based Delivery (OBD, and the API-led approach.
- Serve as a Trusted Advisor to customer senior stakeholder, drive conversations with Enterprise Architects and Business Stakeholders armed with best practices for enterprise architecture functions such as Security, Performance, Development Process, and Application Governance.
- Contribute to a transformational program vision/roadmap by advising the customer and partner on their IT operating model, including API lifecycle, reuse strategies, and organisational capabilities to support strategic business objectives.
- Drive the creation of program level application and technical architecture documents which leverage MuleSoft best practices and effectively integrate MuleSoft into the customer's infrastructure.
- Establish a working C4E operating model, driving creation and consumption of reusable assets and APIs stored in Anypoint Exchange.
- Document KPIs of platform benefits (eg API reuse) and business outcomes achieved within and across different customer teams.
- Perform capability, architecture and design reviews, while troubleshooting key customer implementation issues, and demonstrating the ability to drive to successful resolution.
- Review and pro-active correction of project/program direction, approach and key artefacts to keep programs on track, solutions extendable and maintainable going forward.
- Build and manage relationships with key customer and business partner; negotiate solutions to complex problems, contributing to broader goals and growth beyond the scope of single customer engagement.
- Contribute to the growth of the Services Practice by identifying and leading internal strategic initiatives to grow the consulting practice, leveraging junior teammates to achieve individual as well as team growth; serving as a trusted contributor to the practice knowledge and resource base; mentor, educate, and enrich technical and non-technical MuleSoft customer and partner colleagues.
What you'll need to be successful:
- 10+ years of enterprise consulting experience, including implementation experience with one or more common integration or middleware solutions and/or API Management Solutions
- 5+ years experience as an Architect and/or CTO in a mid to large sized organisation with demonstrated leadership driving a digital transformation in a matrixed organisation.
- Be a self-starter and ability to work independently and as part of a distributed team, and willingness to take ownership of situation and problems. Evangelise best practices at various levels within a large organisation
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships with C-level stakeholders.
- Proven results driving and overseeing customer and/or partner success in the following domains: front-end and back-end solution architecture, enterprise architecture, development, and test/release management strategies, change management, and direct orchestration in designing solutions that meet or exceed customer needs.
- A desire to continually study and learn new technologies and functionality, as well as be involved in projects that push the capabilities of existing technologies. Guiding customers and colleagues in rationalising and deploying emerging technologies (eg Docker, Kubernetes, AWS, Google Cloud, Azure, DevOps, etc) that drive increased business value.
- Experience architecting and implementing with enterprise software solutions for CRM, ERP, e-Commerce, or mobile, using Salesforce.com, NetSuite, Oracle, Siebel, SAP, WorkDay, etc., while filling positions of increasing responsibility and management of more junior technical resources.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, polished public speaker. Able to effectively develop materials that are appropriate for the audience and support the point of view.
- Travel to the client site (average up to 75%), but may be higher or lower based on the client engagement. We try to staff locally, but that's not always possible.
- Bachelor's degree required in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Business, or in a related field.
- It is highly beneficial to have any MuleSoft Anypoint Platform certifications prior to joining. It is expected that you will gain the following certifications as part of the role requirement and onboarding process in the first 3-6 months:
- MuleSoft Certified Developer - Integration and API Associate
- MuleSoft Certified Developer - Integration Professional
- MuleSoft Certified Platform Architect
- MuleSoft Certified Integration Architect
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form. Posting Statement
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesfore.com or Salesforce.org.
Salesforce welcomes all.