Cloud Engineer - Core Engineering
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB Goldman Sachs
is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of services worldwide to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and high net-worth individuals. Founded in 1869, it is one of the oldest and largest investment banking firms. The firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in London, Bangalore, Frankfurt, Tokyo, Hong Kong and other major financial centres around the world. We are committed to growing our distinctive Culture and holding to our core values which always place our client's interests first. These values are reflected in our Business Principles, which emphasise integrity, commitment to excellence, innovation and teamwork. Core Engineering
provides global thought leadership, solution development, delivery and support for a broad suite of technology products and services at Goldman Sachs. It leverages global expertise to develop leading-edge technology solutions that meet business demands and differentiate the firm's technology offerings in the marketplace. Core Engineering enables the operation of the firm by managing an extensive compute platform and global communication networks, while addressing technology, compliance and reputational risk and resilience. China
Goldman Sachs business is headquartered in Beijing with significant presence in Shanghai and Shenzhen. Core Engineering has staff in Beijing and Shanghai and provide technical support across all business in China leveraging our global team as required. This role reports locally into China Core Engineering and regionally into product managers.
The Cloud Enablement
Team within Core Engineering is responsible for enabling the use of public cloud services across the firm. You will be working as part of a China, multi-disciplinary team responsible for researching, architecting, building cutting-edge systems, and extending cloud enablement tools, best practices for Engineers in Goldman Sachs, China. We are at an early stage of modernizing our application stacks around cloud native principles with cloud first mindset, and you will be directly helping to evangelize internally the use of cloud whilst working with application teams to get compliance and regulatory approval to adopt cloud in China whilst influencing technology strategies that will give our business a competitive edge in China market! RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS Evangelize China Cloud adoption working with Compliance and Regulators to seek approval to move to the cloud
- Partner with engineering teams (AppDev) and work with internal Compliance and our regulators (primarily CSRC) to get approval to move to the cloud.
- Provide technical guidance on established best practices to internal engineering teams and where appropriate to the business
- Partner with engineering teams to understand technology offerings and how they can be applied to solve business problems
- Become an expert of your domain and serve as an SME for your respective area
- Experience engaging with China regulators (CSRC preferred) in seeking approval for enabling financial solutions in the cloud in China
- Experience engaging with financial institutions Compliance and Tech Risk teams in China
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English and Mandarin
- Experience operating independently and leading, mentoring a small team and eager to work in a global rapidly developing organization
- Strong technical ability, willing to learn and evolve your skills with advances in cloud technology
- Judgment to prioritize and escalate issues as needed
- Mandarin is mandatory
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- Experience within FI 8+ year of experience in Public Cloud/Financial Community Cloud migration, with expertise in Infrastructure as a Service, Cloud Networking and Cloud Security
- Programming expertise in one or more of the following languages: Java, Python, or Go
- Degree qualification in Computer Science or related field
- Proficient in at least one public cloud platform AliYun, Tencent & Financial Community Cloud
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code frameworks such as Terraform
- Experience with Agile, Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Â© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.