Financial Controls & Compliance Manager (m/f)
- Holzkirchen, Bayern, Germany Holzkirchen Bayern DE
- Permanent, Full time
- Novartis Business Services GmbH
- 18 Sep 18 2018-09-18
As a Financial Controls & Compliance Manager (m/f) you will interpret and administer policies, processes and procedures to ensure compliance with all relevant Novartis financial requirements, also you will support and implement global finance process improvement initiatives and share best practices.
Novartis Business Services GmbH
To strengthen our team we are looking for a
Financial Controls & Compliance Manager (m/f)
Permanent / Full-time / Holzkirchen (near Munich), Germany
- Support global/divisional processes transitions and knowledge transfer, monitoring critical deliverables
- Proactively challenge the status quo, making fact-based recommendations
- Ensure compliance with the NFCM
- Liaison/coordination with Control Owners and Divisional Finance on operational matters
- Regular performance metrics reporting according to Group/Divisional standards
- Liaison with stakeholders, including CFOs, IA, ext. Audit and Corporate Financial Controls (CFC)
- Responsible for supporting and monitoring implementation and progress of NFCM according to the implementation of standard processes
- Drive harmonization of processes and controls cross-divisionally
- Ensure compliance with global & local requirements
- Define and track action items, including accurate and timely resolution of agreed actions
- Raise awareness of key risks and risk response in the organization
- Actively contribute to strengthen internal control environment within the organization
- Monitor compliance in business ethics, detect and report (potential) violations (e.g. to BPO)
- Prepare and support FCC reviews and Internal Audits
- Actively support new system (e.g. IRIS) implementation, as required by Global
- Provide training on compliance requirements to Controls Owners
- Being kept up-to-date on periodical changes on compliance requirements
- Actively support FCC working style by being inclusive, proactive, respectful, and results driven in alignment with Novartis Values and Behaviors
- Act service-oriented to enable service lines to deliver a high-performing organization and drive improvement/standard solutions while cultivating customer service focus culture
- University degree or polytechnic degree in Economics or Business Administration (or equivalent), preferably specialized in Finance
- Min. 3 years experience in FRA/compliance
- Qualified in accounting/IFRS, SOX/ICFR
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a multi-national, matrix organization
- Previous experience in auditing is preferred
- SAP knowledge a plus
- Project management experience is a plus
- Strong communication skills and team player attitude
- Service-oriented and proactive approach
- Fluent German and English skills in writing and speaking
We develop breakthrough treatments and find new ways to deliver them to as many people as possible to improve and extend peoples’ lives. We do this, by supporting and promoting the knowledge and strengths of our employees and specifically use them to deepen our understanding of our patients and customers. Motivating conditions and an attractive salary are also part of our working environment, as well as our company culture, which is based on collaboration, curiosity, enthusiasm, courage and integrity. Novartis stands up for equal opportunities and for the integration of persons with disabilities. Hiring decisions are only based on the qualification for the position, regardless of gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, age and disability.
927 million. The number of lives we touched in 2017. And while we’re proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people’s lives.
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you’re given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you’re empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks. And where you’re surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges.
We are Novartis. Join us and help us reimagine medicine.
An open corporate culture, interesting and challenging tasks, attractive social benefits as well as opportunities for individual career growth within an international company.
Novartis Business Services (NBS) is the global service provider for Novartis – one of the world’s leading pharmaceutical companies. About 500 associates in Germany deliver high quality services to all Novartis legal entities in areas, such as IT, Real Estate and Facility Services, Procurement, Product Lifecycle Services, HR and Finance.
Join our team and start your career within an innovative and challenging environment!
We are looking forward to receiving your detailed application at:
Position ID: 247421BR