•Identifying emerging risks, drafting and reporting audit findings promptly to line management and senior management and suggesting practical and innovative solutions •Performing and documenting aspects of Internal Audit’s biannual continuous monitoring programme for Asia brokerage agency business, in order to identify changes to risk assessments, audit plan or audit universe •Identifying emerging risks and control themes to be included in management and Audit Committee presentations
Nomura is an Asia-based financial services group with an integrated global network spanning over 30 countries. By connecting markets East & West, Nomura services the needs of individuals, institutions, corporates and governments through its three business divisions: Retail, Asset Management, and Wholesale (Global Markets and Investment Banking). Founded in 1925, the firm practices disciplined entrepreneurship while building on a long tradition of serving clients with creative solutions and considered thought leadership.
Experienced business auditor primarily covering Instinet Pacific Limited (Nomura’s agency brokerage business in Asia ex-Japan), but with the possibility to cover other aspects of Nomura Group in the region, reporting to Instinet’s Vice President for Internal Audit. The role principally involves defining and executing assurance work over the regional Instinet business. The candidate may also need to work with members of the Nomura Internal Audit team in other regions, with some limited travel required.
Nomura AEJ Internal Audit currently comprises 26 permanent employees, of which 15 are located in Hong Kong and 11 in Singapore. The team performs risk-based audits across 12 countries in the region, and provides advisory services to senior management. The regional audit team covers all businesses in the region including Global Markets, Research, Investment Banking, Wealth Management, Asset Management, Retail and Merchant Banking. The Instinet Internal Audit team, working as a specialised team within the Nomura AEJ Internal Audit team, specifically covers the agency brokerage business.
- Performing risk assessments of the Asia agency brokerage business and assisting in developing the annual audit plan
- Leading, planning and executing audits of the Asia agency brokerage business (and other audits if required) and working closely with IT Audit on integrated audits
- Identifying emerging risks, drafting and reporting audit findings promptly to line management and senior management and suggesting practical and innovative solutions
- Following up audit recommendations post-audit, assessing residual risk, validating remedial work performed and documenting and closing issues
- Performing and documenting aspects of Internal Audit’s biannual continuous monitoring programme for Asia brokerage agency business, in order to identify changes to risk assessments, audit plan or audit universe
- Identifying emerging risks and control themes to be included in management and Audit Committee presentations
- Learning, understanding and applying the department’s audit methodology
Key Experience & Skills
- Must have a good understanding of the investment banking industry and possess strong technical knowledge of at least some Global Markets products, specifically in agency brokerage and algorithmic trading
- Experience in IT audit is strongly preferred
- Must have strong oral and written communication skills in English
- Must be able to work independently and proactively, demonstrating a strong sense of ownership and commitment to delivery
- Must be able to multi-task
- Must have the confidence to deliver tough messages and have difficult conversations
- An accounting or quantitative background or other professional qualification is expected, although not essential for the right candidate
- Five years of professional experience is expected (external audit, investment banking, regulatory) although not essential for the right candidate, but two years of internal audit experience in the financial sector is strongly preferred
- Some international experience is strongly preferred
Regional Disclaimers / Diversity Statement
Nomura is committed to an employment policy of equal opportunities, and is fundamentally opposed to any less favourable treatment accorded to existing or potential members of staff on the grounds of race, creed, colour, nationality, disability, marital status, pregnancy, gender or sexual orientation.