Controllers, Legal Entity Controller, Analyst, Hong Kong
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB FINANCE
We're a team of specialists charged with managing the firm's liquidity, capital and risk, and providing the overall financial control and reporting functions. Whether assessing the creditworthiness of the firm's counterparties, monitoring market risks associated with trading activities, or offering analytical and regulatory compliance support, our work contributes directly to the firm's success. The division is ideal for collaborative individuals who have strong ethics and attention to detail. YOUR IMPACT
Would you like to utilize your accounting knowledge and further build your brand by way of controllership opportunities in Goldman Sachs? We are looking for a team player with strong accounting knowledge to join our Legal Entity Controllers Team in Hong Kong, which is responsible for the financial and regulatory reporting functions for the firm's various subsidiaries in the Asia Pacific region. HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
In contact with every part of the firm, professionals in the Controllers Division experience Goldman Sachs businesses, products and sophisticated technology systems in depth. If you want to develop an in-depth understanding of financial services, Controllers is a great place to begin and develop your career.
You will work with colleagues both locally and internationally, as part of Goldman Sachs's global reporting function. In addition, the team works on many local and global projects which have impact on our financial and operational structure and you will have the chance to experience these. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain the financial records for the firm's subsidiaries
- Prepare financial reporting packages under US/Local GAAP
- Prepare statutory financial statements under the relevant local GAAP
- Prepare regulatory and statistical returns to regulators and government agencies
- Ensure that control standards are maintained and documented
- Work closely with other areas within Controllers, both in Hong Kong and globally, as well as with other divisions
- Participate in cross-divisional projects for new business initiatives
- Develop a broad understanding of the securities and banking business and financial products
- Min 2 years of professional accounting experience
- Working knowledge of US GAAP and/or IFRS
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Committed, self-motivated and proactive, with a desire to succeed
- Strong control awareness
- Team player
- Good organizational skills
- Ability to think broadly and make connections between diverse issues and tasks
- Strong Microsoft Office skills, particularly with Excel. Candidates with Tableau or programming knowledge will have advantages
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- Working knowledge or audit experience in securities/banking industry preferred
- Qualified accountant or candidate pursuing accounting qualifications
- Previously work experience in a multinational company
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity