- As a Portfolio/Programme Manager, or Product Owner, deliver project on schedule and within budget.
- Manage business and technology stakeholders throughout project life cycle who regular communications and engagement.
- Drive the implementation and execution of new and existing business initiatives that have system development / enhancement needs.
- Ensure User Stories are prepared, reviewed and signed off.
- Work and agree with Product Owner / project team to manage project scopes, and ensure senior stakeholders' objectives and key results (OKR) are met.
- Ensure all initiatives within your programme/portfolio adhere to new ways of working (NWOW) operating project management framework; meeting system implementation governance, benefits realisation and change management framework.
- Manage 4-8 transformation resources and act as a mentor and escalation point.
- Manage UAT resource capacity planning and utilisation for assigned projects.
- Manage and drive testing execution.
- Prepare training material and conduct training if needed.
- Drive production support and incident management & resolution.
- Be flexible and adopt new Agile practices and new ways of working.
- Ensure team works in accordance with the Bank's latest strategy.
- Ensure business priorities and values are delivered effectively and efficiently.
- Manage the team's business resource and cost.
People & Talent
- Ensure the team follows departmental operation instruction for all project engagements.
- Ensure Process alignment with new system flow.
- Ensure system implementation governance and change management models are followed through for all projects.
- Develop teammates through project engagements.
- Proactively contribute system, product, UAT, project and process knowledge to the next generations.
- Balance risk, effectiveness and efficiency in system and process design.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Ensure project management framework and testing quality governance framework are followed through for all projects.
- Follow system implementation governance and change management model.
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead the team to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principle. Fair Outcomes for Clients, Effective Financial Markets, Financial Crime Compliance, The Right Environment.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Project Manager / Product Owners from products business and operations.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Actively participate and contribute towards project delivery following the Bank's new Ways of working and the latest Agile model.
Role Specific Technical Competencies
- University graduate of Computing, Mathematics, IT or related fields.
- PMP or Agile PO/SM training is preferred.
About Standard Chartered
- System and Process Analysis skills
- Communication and Presentation skills
- Project Management under Waterfall or Agile
- UAT Planning and Management
- Banking product and process knowledge
We're an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we've worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you're looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can't wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity, together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours. When you work with us, you'll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
In line with our Fair Pay Charter,
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
Recruitment assessments -
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills, global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies - everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you've applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.
Visit our careers website www.sc.com/careers