Our client is a highly recognisable large Chinese securities firm with an established presence in Hong Kong. Due to successful ongoing growth they are now searching for an experienced, high-calibre professional to join their industry leading Operational Risk team.
The successful incumbent will be experienced within this space and already have solid exposure working with Corporate Clients alike but looking for the next challenge in their fledging career. Also, you will be someone who takes initiative and is results driven! You will part of a team responsible for the safe guarding of the overall Control Framework around Operational Risk and play heavily in the strategy and development of the team.
- Support creation / update of operational risk policies and standards.
- Heavily involved in the implementing strategic plans, report results, organize ongoing Operational Risk reviews to mitigate risk.
- Contribute to country/regional senior management on a regular basis
- Support feedbacks to Heads of activities on Risk/Controls (reviewing key incidents, validation of Control plan, monitoring of recommendations, escalation and proposition of new controls etc.)
- Contribute on regulator enquiries / surveys on Operational Risk and Internal Control.
- Participate on ad hoc basis to projects such as Front to Back Office Risk Assessment, Incident investigation, etc.
- Strong analytical skills based on 5+ Years within the Operational Risk environment in securities brokerage firm
- Familiar with SFC regulations and securities products
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, able to communicate with senior management
- Show a continuous improvement mindset & problem-solving mindset
- Bachelor Degree or Master Degree in a Finance, Economics or related topic
- Fluent in Mandarin/Cantonese and English
- Good working knowledge of Operational Risk requirements and risk-based monitoring techniques
- Understanding of governance, risk management and control frameworks
- Excellent planning, prioritization and documentation skills are essential
- Enthusiastic, proactive, self-starter with a drive to deliver high quality monitoring standards
- A proven track record of quickly acquiring new skills and expertise
- Good quantitative, qualitative analytical skills and problem-solving skills
- Fluent in English and Chinese is a MUST
What's On Offer
- Offer attractive remuneration package and comprehensive fringe benefits
- Well-known brand name, sizeable company
- Excellent career path and great room for internal mobility