About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust, a Fortune 500 company, is a globally recognized, award-winning financial institution that has been in continuous operation since 1889.
Northern Trust is proud to provide innovative financial services and guidance to the world's most successful individuals, families and institutions by remaining true to our enduring principles of service, expertise and integrity. With more than 130 years of financial experience and over 22,000 partners, we serve the world's most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service. Summary
This role reports to the Invoicing/Payment Lead in the Global Service Center. The Invoicing Senior Analyst will be responsible for preparing invoicing team production of invoice calculations, uploads, adjustments, cancellation and accounting. Activities must be conducted in full accordance to Northern Trust and fee team related policies and procedures. Position expectation is to provide a well-controlled environment, investigate and resolve controls related issues, where expertise is required to interpret policies, guidelines and/or processes. The person should be analytically and procedurally competent, representing the team on cross-function process or project deliverables. Individual is expected to be an expert in invoicing related skills and will remain focused primarily on daily execution of the team's responsibilities. Major Duties
• Collection of inputs for invoice calculation
• Manual calculation, invoice creation & uploads
• Monitors and reviews automatic invoice creation
• Calculates and processes invoice adjustments
• Prepare invoices for technical coordinator or leader review & approval
• Prepares invoice cancellation & credit notes
• Investigates invoice queries, monitoring & resolution
• Prepares and processes invoice accounting
• Monitors invoice emailing process for completeness and accuracy
• Review of monthly invoice variances
• Handling and processing of transactions within predefined established guidelines
• Responsible for processing activities pertaining to invoicing activities
• Involvement in performing quality checks and internal audits support as required
• Responsible for identifying and resolving problems within established guidelines
• Works effectively as a team member but also independently drive initiatives/projects
• Attain knowledge of the core aspects related to invoice processing
• Assists client, partners and staff with complex problem resolution.
• Maintains technical knowledge of Fee Operations and how the function relates to other operating areas
• Maintains all related Northern Trust policies, procedures, control aspects for their assigned area
• Building effective working relationship with Global Governance, the RSCs and other GSC teams
• Provides hands-on training for new staff and cross training for experienced staff Job Details
• 2-4 years of experience in financial services related business
• Degree preferred
• Attention to detail, ability to perform review responsibilities, excellent work coordination abilities
• Ability to communicate at all levels with global team leaders
• Good oral and written communication skills are required to consult with partners
• Ability to prioritize work assignments and prioritize workload based on organization needs
• Analytical and problem solving skills are required
• Good Excel skills required Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, greater achievements await. You will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture in an organization where financial strength and stability is an asset that emboldens us to explore new ideas. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company committed to assisting the communities we serve! Join a workplace with a greater purpose.
We'd love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world's most admired and sustainable companies! Build your career with us and apply today. #MadeForGreater
Northern Trust is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email our HR Service Center at MyHRHelp@ntrs.com.
We hope you're excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us.
We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.