Analyst - Trade Finance
To provide efficient finance operations and risk management for our international oil trading activities.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities, Key Responsibilities:
- 3 - 6 years within a Trading Company / Financial institution having gained a basic understanding of the principals surrounding Trade Finance instruments and their pitfalls would be desirable
- Well-organized and pro-active, excellent communication skills, strong coordinating skills, able to demonstrate exceptional problem solving and the ability to think in a highly logical and critical fashion
- Highly diligent and sharp eye for attention to details
- Able to take initiative and not only work to, but also set their own quickly changing deadlines
- A team player, who is able to confidentially adapt their interpersonal approach as the situation demands, able to build strong relations both inter-departmentally and with external stakeholders
- An individual who is not only comfortable but thrives in a high pressure environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, particularly Word and Excel
- Excellent spoken and written English
- Issuance of L/C's or Bank Guarantees for our purchases of Crude and Oil Products including negotiation with banks in order to place transactions under bilateral facilities.
- Review of contracts for all transactions in accordance with company policy and procedure
- To check and approve cargo loadings and discharges whilst ensuring contractual obligations are met without exposing the company to risk or loss.
- Risk covering sales where necessary with Banks and/or Insurance.
- Release and stock management, exposure monitoring and weekly m2m of any storage positions.
- Close co-operation with our Deals Desk personnel to ensure any costs agreed by Trade Finance are allocated correctly to the separately maintained deal Profit and Loss accounts.
- Close co-operation with our Oil Operations team to ensure that our physical logistical requirements are in alignment with financial and risk considerations
- Preparation and dispatch of Invoices and Letters of Indemnity (or shipping documents) for payment under Documentary Letters of Credit received from our buyers.
- The reception / recording and distribution of shipping documents - including the allocation and dispatch of such documents to our trading counter-parts / financing banks enabling the prompt cancellation of outstanding LOI's
- The regular chasing of any shipping documents not received in a timely manner from our trading counter-parts / financing banks - thus ensuring that our credit facilities are used to an optimum level.
- Ensuring timely processing of Cargo payments together with managing cash positions with the Banks.
- Closely liasoning with teams in locations like Singapore/ Geneva/ Johannesburg etc
Key Relationships and Department Overview:
- External - Banks, Insurance, Counterparties.
- Internal - Ops, Traders, Contracts, Treasury, Securitisation, Accounting & Deals Desk