Tech. Operations Analyst
Provide end to end production support and derive immediate resolutions/root-cause of the incidents arising in and around the Legal, Compliance and Supervision Application's Distributed systems to ensure quick restoration of service degradation and hence minimal business impact. Responsibilities
•• Work as part of Operations team primarily supporting the Distributed applications
• Respond to incidents as well as work to identify proactive incident circumvention
• Support the Batch Operations that occurs nightly for Distributed systems
• Work on rotation basis during the day and night Operations shift to support both night batches and the day time Operations work alternatively
• Identify and recommend performance enhancements/improvements for applications
• Provide 24x7 on-call support and work during hours that accommodate a portion of the US work day or during the full US work day shift (India night shift) including weekends / holidays
Incident & Problem Management
• Work towards quick resolution/recovery of the high priority incidents in a time-bound manner to ensure business continuity and minimum downtimes
• Coordinate and drive restoration of service disruptions/business escalated issues to meet and exceed established SLAs/OLAs
• Ensure action plans are in place to address recurring issues, including escalation and effective hand-off to other teams as required
• Work towards aggressive root cause analysis/permanent resolution for all the business impacting recurring technical issues
• Participate in change reviews and understand operational impacts due to changes
Continuous Service Improvement Initiatives
• Improve effectiveness and efficiency of existing processes
• Follow best practices to enhance service delivery
• Develop the ability to think and act strategically
• Engage in the business and technology interactions to improve the service quality
• Ensure appropriate quality checks to decrease the risks and errors
• Ensure to execute processes to optimize cost and quality Required Qualifications
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, MIS, or related equivalent experience considered.
• 2-5 years of broad technical experience with proven expertise with a combination of some the following areas:
Java, .Net, SQL, Shell Scripting (bash or PowerShell), Windows Server, Exchange or Skype
• Some experience working with ServiceNow and monitoring tools (Gomez, Dynatrace, SiteScope)
• Experience in Production support, Proactive incident management, and Batch monitoring
• Should have exposure to IT environments governed by ITIL framework. Change, Incident & Problem Management related activities should be component of candidate's responsibilities Preferred Qualifications
• ITIL Foundation certification
• Legal, Compliance & Supervision knowledge will be highly preferred
• Knowledge of Mainframe will be an added advantage
• Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to translate technical information to non-technical audiences and vice versa.
• Excellent problem-solving skills in multiple functional infrastructure/application areas.
• Strong customer service orientation and an inherent sense of urgency and attention to details for resolving issues.
• Proven experience creating, championing and maintaining processes, procedures and policies.
• Experience working in operations roles preferably in the financial services industry or other similar, highly regulated environment