About Northern Trust
Northern Trust, a Fortune 500 company, is a globally recognized, award-winning financial institution that has been in continuous operation since 1889.
Northern Trust is proud to provide innovative financial services and guidance to the world's most successful individuals, families and institutions by remaining true to our enduring principles of service, expertise and integrity. With more than 130 years of financial experience and over 22,000 partners, we serve the world's most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service. Role/ Department:
As a Human Resource Services Analyst at Northern Trust, you will assist in the administration of various Human Resource programs, services, and processes supporting a region. This role will interact with all levels of employees to answer HR questions and resolve issues while complying with company and legal policies.
Job responsibilities will vary and, the Analyst will be able to demonstrate prioritization of multiple assignments and can easily be rotated or reassigned in order to balance the workload within the team. The key responsibilities of the role include:
1. Responds to questions and counsels employees and managers on HR policies and processes, HR systems, employee data, and assists with data updates. Inquiries may come in via multiple channels (e.g., e-mail, phone, case management system). Utilizes knowledge base, call tracking systems and/or third party resources to educate customers of the HR Services available to them. Encourages self-service tools such as the HR Portal and other systems when appropriate. Utilizes good judgment to resolve more complex or non-routine matters on their own and within corporate guidelines / standards. Will also be able to differentiate when critical matters need to be escalated to appropriate subject matter experts.
2. Demonstrates a positive, professional, customer and delivery orientated image of the company. Acts as a role model to other team members, including clients / customers who seek assistance from the HR services team.
3. Is proactive with providing continuous status updates, guidance, and information to customers, key stakeholders, and peers within the HR functional area team(s) to ensure case resolution. Provides feedback and recommends process improvements to management.
4. Processes HR Services requests such as organization changes, compensation changes, employment verifications, other data updates, etc.
5. Performs HR operational processes such as onboarding, offboarding, etc.
6. Ensures high-quality standards for all activities, initiatives, and tasks within the designated functional area(s) of responsibility. Adheres to all service level agreements (SLAs) established by the HR functional area(s)/team(s). Appropriately documents case details and relevant information in the case management system.
7. Ensures all functional documentation is up-to-date and available for HR processes. Skills/ Qualifications:
Working with Us:
- A College or University degree and/or relevant work experience in human resources is preferred.
- 2 to 3 years in a call center preferred.
- Excellent customer service/client relationship skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure.
- Accuracy and high attention to detail.
- Excellent oral/written communication skills.
- The ability to work as part of a team in a fast paced, dynamic and demanding environment.
As a Northern Trust partner, greater achievements await. You will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture in an organization where financial strength and stability is an asset that emboldens us to explore new ideas. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company committed to assisting the communities we serve! Join a workplace with a greater purpose.
We'd love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world's most admired and sustainable companies! Build your career with us and apply today. #MadeForGreater Reasonable accommodation:
Northern Trust is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email our HR Service Center at MyHRHelp@ntrs.com.
We hope you're excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us. We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.