Who we are looking for
Trust asset management services is the core business in State Street Japan and Trust Operations department is providing the services to institutional investors as trustee. This position is a junior operator role of the Trust Operations department, Fukuoka, Japan. This role is beginner/intermediate level processor and handling initiator tasks on day to day business, and report to team manager. The candidate requires basic understanding on accounting and finance. Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS' tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for. What you will be responsible for
As Associate 1 you will:
What we value
- Carry out core processing activities in accordance with established procedures.
- Be able to prepare all necessary documents on assigned functions, accurately and timely.
- Answer relevant queries from different teams in a timely manner. Follow up and resolve issues.
- Escalate complex issues as needed and with a sense of urgency to meet required deliverables.
- Identify basic risk issues, breaches and act in accordance with the 'risk' escalation chain and operating procedures.
- Be accountable for assigned tasks and deadlines.
- Continuously identify knowledge gaps (personal & and within the team) and look for training opportunities to enhance knowledge
- Act and dress professionally.
These skills will help you succeed in this role
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Detail oriented
- Highly numerate
- Ability to meet tight deadline
- Good analytical skills
- Bachelor degree or above
- Basic understanding on accounting and finance
- Comfortable in speaking English & Japanese in daily work
About State Street What we do.
- Basic knowledge of MS office
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers