A career with Goldman Sachs Asset Management is an opportunity to help clients across the globe realize their potential, while you discover your own. As part of one of the world's leading asset managers with over $2 trillion in assets under supervision, you can expect to participate in exciting investment opportunities while collaborating with talented colleagues from all asset classes and regions, and building meaningful relationships with your clients. Working in a culture that values integrity and transparency, you will be part of a diverse team that is passionate about our craft, our clients, and building sustainable success. Bringing together traditional and alternative investments, Goldman Sachs Asset Management provides clients around the world with a dedicated partnership and focus on long-term performance. As primary investment area within Goldman Sachs, we provide investment and advisory services for pension plans, sovereign wealth funds, insurance companies, endowments, foundations, financial advisors and individuals.
Our Asset Management Alternatives Private KYC Group is seeking a professional who will work with our clients and partner with key stakeholders (Business, Financial Crime & Compliance, Legal, Operations, Quality Assurance). We support every deal team in the Alternatives Private division and work with the most senior members of the organization to facilitate an excellent client onboarding experience while mitigating risks associated with fulfilling the requirements associated with local regulations. We are the experts in Know Your Client (KYC) requirements and help manage communications with our clients/partners on obtaining the necessary documentation while treating the transactions with the upmost sensitivity.
Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all areas of the firm to deliver banking, sales and trading and asset management capabilities to clients around the world. Alongside this vital service delivery role, Operations provides essential risk management and control, preserving and enhancing the firm's assets and its reputation. Operations span all product lines and markets, serving as internal business partners who develop the processes and controls, and help to specify the systems that deliver accuracy, timeliness and integrity to our business.
The Asset Management Alternatives Private Operations support the AM Alternatives Private Division, which is the firm's long term principal investing group tasked with raising capital and investing in equity (corporate / growth), real estate, and credit.
The AM Alts Pvt KYC Group sits within AM Alts Pvt Operations and manages the control framework and oversight of a broad spectrum of firm policies that impact the client on-boarding process. The team closely works with Policy & Quality Analytics, Legal, Financial Crime & Compliance teams for successful implementation of policy and control oversight to meet regulatory obligations. The team provides opportunity for an experienced, dynamic, and risk-aware individual to take part in shaping and ensuring compliance with the control framework related to a broad spectrum of firm policies, including but not limited to Know-Your-Client, Client Implementation and Enhanced Due Diligence. We also endeavor to provide an excellent client/partner experience while helping to educate our stakeholders on the nuances of requirements per region.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Undertake customer due diligence checks to ensure adherence to the Firm's Anti Money Laundering policies, procedures and regulatory framework (such as AML/KYC regulations, FIEL, Dodd Frank, EMIR, MiFID, FATCA, etc).
- Conduct PEP, sanction and adverse media screening and escalate any areas of concern to Legal and Compliance
- Perform quality assurance reviews on cases delivered by the team, where necessary, to ensure they are in line with internal policies and regulatory standards
- Timely escalation of any questions or concerns around obtaining requirements in order to fulfill our regulatory obligations
- Work closely with key stakeholders (Business, Financial Crime & Compliance, Legal, Operations, Middle Office) in a fast paced environment to ensure a seamless front to back onboarding and assist with the establishment of new client relationships to facilitate deal investments
- Provide ongoing training and support to junior team members and partner with Compliance to deliver regular AML trainings to internal teams (Business, MO, Operations) that are involved in the onboarding process
- Work closely with Compliance team to implement new regulations and lead the development of new policies and procedures to reflect changing regulatory requirements
- Lead strategic initiatives in order to improve the process efficiency and customer experience
- Assist Compliance team in dealing with regulatory enquiries relating to the firm's AML policies and processes.
- Lead remediation projects to address AML/Financial Crime compliance findings identified by Internal Audit
- Report desk metrics, key risk indicators, risk control self-assessment and provide regular AML risk updates to senior stakeholders in Operations, Legal, Financial Crime Compliance and the MLRO
- Similar AML/KYC role experiences within financial services firm
- Knowledge of financial markets and products
- Knowledge of Customer Identification Programs (CIP)/Know Your Customer (KYC) and relevant regulations
- Knowledge of corporate structures and the impact they have on the KYC/AML process
- Proven analytical skills, problem solving ability, and a control mentality paired with meticulous attention to detail
- Aptitude for building relationships and ability to communicate complex issues to a wide array of internal stakeholders at all levels of the organization as well as clients with differing levels of product experience
- Self-motivated and proactive team player, who takes ownership and accountability of projects, has strong organizational skills as well as the ability to effectively manage competing priorities
- Flexible and able to work well under pressure in a team environment
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers.
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https://www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity