AMD Operations, GSAM Ops - Product Services & Reporting, Associate, Tokyo
Are you looking to apply your client service, client reporting, and analytical skills while deepening your understanding of asset management? Our Client Management team is seeking a professional who is looking to partner with our diversified client base and global business counterparts to provide best in-class client experience to define solutions and lead change across the operational infrastructure. OUR IMPACT
Goldman Sachs Asset Management (GSAM) is the investment management arm providing global investment opportunities to a substantial and diversified client base including institutions, governments and high net worth individuals. Critical to the success of GSAM is our ability to leverage a global team of talented professionals in order to define solutions and lead change across the operational infrastructure. GSAM Operations is part of the Federation division of Goldman Sachs and is based in 13 locations across the globe. It consists of 11 functional areas including Institutional & Fund Reporting, all of which work in a dynamic environment where control, client service and excellence in execution are fundamental principles.
The Client Reporting Analytics team within Institutional & Fund Reporting has primary responsibility for automating bespoke client reports for our domestic Japanese institutional client base. As part of the teams' strategy, we are working to provide automated solutions to client reporting needs where possible and are thus partnered with client reporting teams, technology and project managers to strive for a higher level of automation and associated risk management controls. These functions cover a wide range of clients and a complex product range, which include equities, fixed income, currency and derivatives, private equities, and hedge funds. This involves extensive interaction with internal global audience across multiple teams and divisions to ensure effective oversight for existing business and also to shape and implement reporting solutions for new clients, products, strategies, and system architecture. The group continues to focus on best in-class client experience by delivering quality automation for complex bespoke reporting. HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Be part of our efforts to build a best-in-class team and infrastructure to deliver to our clients
- Holistic ownership and understanding of client accounts, reporting requirements and deliverables across multiple frequencies
- working in a multicultural/global and fast paced environment to automate bespoke client reporting leveraging self-help tools
- Proactively review indicators of operational issues/concerns with the goal of resolving such issues before client impact
- Provide governance and transparency for client reporting automation deliverables
- Provide effective thought leadership in navigating evolving financial regulatory landscape and helping to develop technological solutions to build appropriate architecture
- Work closely with global operations, technology and project management teams, understanding Japanese client requirements and delivering high quality sustainable automation.
- Scalability analysis of workflow cost drivers and trends to help drive process improvements and efficiency, budgeting and cost allocation to various revenue producing desks
- Bachelor's degree required
- 3+years' experience of working in a financial institution
- Fluent in English (speak/read/write) and Japanese (speak/read, write is optional)
- Advanced level Microsoft excel skills
- Comfortable in managing large data to filter, combine and derive specific reporting needs.
- Ability to navigate global conversations while ensuing local needs are taken care of.
- Gathering requirements, building report configuration, testing and doing post go live assessment.
- Knowledge of financial products, terms, and finance and account analytics
- Attention to detail and ability to work to tight deadlines under pressure to provide practical solutions
- Highly collaborative, team-oriented and strong consensus builder
- Risk management focus
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Preferable to have SQL / low code skills
- Ability to construct complex flow diagrams and reporting logic to facilitate automation of reporting
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity