APAC Business Risk Management Executive, State Street Global Advisors, Assistant Vice President, Hybrid
Who we are looking for
The SSGA APAC Business Risk Management Executive (BRME) Team is a controls assurance team responsible for building and maintaining a holistic view of processes, risks and controls whilst providing advisory support to the First Line of Defense for the APAC region.
You will interact with managers from Compliance, Legal, Portfolio Management, Trading, Sales, Marketing and Investment Operations to aid the first line in ensuring Operational and Compliance risks are identified and properly controlled.
Broad based financial markets and operations experience is required with a focus on risk management, or regulatory compliance, control programs and project management Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Advisors, one of the biggest asset managers in the world, that provides services to the world's governments, institutions and financial advisors across the globe. With over four decades of experience and trillions of dollars in assets under management, we offer one of the broadest selections of services across asset classes, risk profiles, regions and styles. As pioneers in index, ETF, and ESG investing, we are always inventing new ways to invest.
Join us if making your mark in the asset management industry from day one is a challenge you are up for. What you will be responsible for
As Business Risk Management Executive, Assistant Vice President> you will
What we value
- Support the broader BRME team to execute the Business Control principles and work closely with process and control Subject Matter Experts in each SSGA first line function to ensure their effective adoption.
- Act as an advisor to the first line in the area of risk assessment and controls development and increase collaboration with Business Risk Managers and other first line stakeholders
- Oversee and provide strategic input to Assurance Reviews for sufficiency of scoping, quality and timeliness of execution, and reporting
- Support the business with end to end issues management reporting and analysis
- Drive local Japan Business Continuity programmed whilst providing support to Business Continuity in the APAC region.
These skills will help you succeed in this role
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Broad based financial markets and operations experience focused on risk management, or regulatory compliance, control programs and project management
- Previous experience in conducting control assessments or assurance reviews
- Proven ability to collaborate and drive execution at all levels within the organisation and build strong professional relationships
- Demonstrated ability to lead cross-functional projects and act as change agent
- Knowledgeable about processes, risks, controls and controls design
- Self-motivated professional with the ability to be proactive, prioritise, work under pressure and meet bold deadlines and goals
- Bachelor's degree required, Masters or other advanced degree preferred
- Minimum 5 years financial services experience with a large financial services firm or advisory/consulting firm
Are you the right candidate? Yes!
- Advanced Japanese and English language skills
We truly believe in the power that comes from the diverse backgrounds and experiences our employees bring with them. Although each vacancy details what we are looking for, we don't necessarily need you to fulfil all of them when applying. If you like change and innovation, seek to see the bigger picture, make data driven decisions and are a good team player, you could be a great fit. About State Street Global Advisors What We Do.
As the asset management arm of State Street Corporation, State Street Global Advisors has served the world's governments, institutions and financial advisors for over four decades. With a rigorous, risk-aware approach built on research, analysis and market-tested experience, we build from a breadth of active and index strategies to create cost-effective solutions. As stewards, we help portfolio companies see that what is fair for people and sustainable for the planet can deliver long-term performance. And, as pioneers in index, ETF, and ESG investing, we are always inventing new ways to invest. As a result, we have become one of the world's largest asset managers with trillions of dollars under our care. Our Mission.
At State Street Global Advisors our mission is to invest responsibly to enable economic prosperity and social progress. We are driven by a desire to help our clients, and those who rely on them, achieve a better future. We have a long history of developing innovative investment strategies to provide our clients with reliable and transparent returns, cost-effectively, and without excessive risk. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You'll have access to Flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Company: State Street Global Advisors