PIMCO is a global leader in active fixed income with deep expertise across public and private markets. We invest our clients' capital across a range of fixed income and credit opportunities, leveraging our decades of experience navigating complex debt markets. Our flexible capital base and deep relationships with issuers have helped us become one of the world's largest providers of traditional and nontraditional solutions for companies that need financing and investors who seek strong risk-adjusted returns.
Since 1971, our people have shaped our organization through a high-performance inclusive culture, in which we celebrate diverse thinking. We invest in our people and strive to imprint our CORE values of Collaboration, Openness, Responsibility and Excellence. We believe each of us is here to help others succeed and this has led to PIMCO being recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
The Payroll Senior Associate or Manager (dependent upon experience) is part of the HR Total Rewards team and has responsibility for payroll processing in the APAC region. Reporting to the APAC Payroll Manager based in Singapore, the position will be responsible for completing timely and accurate payrolls and related responsibilities. This role requires knowledge of Human Resources, Accounting and Payroll systems and practices. The position may be located in Singapore, Hong Kong, Australia, Tokyo, Taiwan, China or United States PIMCO office locations. Primary responsibilities/essential functions (including the following, other duties may be assigned)
- Support the timely and accurate payroll processing for Australia, China, Hong Kong, Japan, Singapore and Taiwan
- Responsible for system integrations, reporting and reconciliations, including general ledger, internal and external reporting, year-end reporting
- Support Japan benefits administration and related inquiries
- Partner with payroll team on the Workday payroll integration build for Japan and local payroll system changes or enhancements
- Work closely with payroll team and vendors in identifying need for enhanced services, system revisions, formulating system requirements and testing
- Partner with cross-functional departments (HR, Accounting, Finance, IT, etc.) to identify and implement process improvements to drive excellence and eliminate risk
- Respond to payroll inquiries from management, employees and third parties
- Support internal and external audit activities
- Responsible for developing and maintaining process documentation
- Stay current on payroll regulations and best practices
Education and Certificates:
- Five or more years of relevant end-to-end in house operational payroll processing experience across multiple countries
- Fluent in spoken and written Japanese and English language required
- Experience with Japan payroll preferred
- Experience with Workday HCM and ADP preferred
- Experience of HR and/or payroll system implementations or expat payroll processing a plus
- Self-starter with demonstrated analytical and organizational skills, attention to detail and motivation to recommend process improvements
- Ability to work indepently and comfortable reporting into regional and global payroll management located in other countries (Singapore and U.S.)
- Demonstrated experience collaborating with Accounting and Finance functions and understanding of financial reporting related to payroll, benefits and human resources
- Team player who likes to be challenged with an evolving environment, which requires being agile and flexible in reprioritizing daily operational needs and potentially working across multiple time zones
- High quality written and verbal communication skills and ability to communicate effectively cross-functionally and globally in a growing and ever-changing environment
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Proven ability to work with confidential information, always maintaining discretion and professionalism
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to negotiate and problem solve
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent preferred
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Statement
PIMCO recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, national origin, ancestry, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity and expression), age, military or veteran status, disability (physical or mental), any factor prohibited by law, and as such affirms in policy and practice to support and promote the concept of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action, in accordance with all applicable federal, state, provincial and municipal laws. The company also prohibits discrimination on other basis such as medical condition, or marital status under applicable laws.
Applicants with Disabilities
PIMCO is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, including veterans, in job application procedures. If you have any difficulty using our online system due to a disability and you would like to request an accommodation, you may contact us at 949-720-7744 and leave a message. This is a dedicated line designed exclusively to assist job seekers with disabilities to apply online. Only messages left for this purpose will be considered. A response to your request may take up to two business days.