This is a pure Account Management role support the Sales team of this global fast expanding company that is a service provider for electronic trading requirements. You will have strong knowledge within the financial services space with strong low latency knowledge. Must have good English and Japanese language skills.
The role offers direct interaction with various clients in the financial market space from Global Tier 1 investment banks to sophisticated latency sensitive trading clients, market makers and other technology vendors in addition to internal sales engineering and client delivery staff.
Responsibilities and duties (include but are not limited to):
- Develop strong client relationships with prospective clients and research assigned new leads and qualify opportunities via telephone and email.
- Act as the primary point of contact for all existing client requests, administrative and technical matters, and new business inquiries in a pre-defined set of accounts.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date account plans and opportunity information leveraging Salesforce.com, Confluence, and SharePoint for direct accounts under management.
- Work closely with the product and business team to provide feedback on any client, prospect or partner requirements.
- Develop overall knowledge of assigned accounts including products sold, asset classes traded, clients, and business issues; proactively and regularly communicate account status to senior management.
- Collaborate with sales engineering team to help qualify and ultimately win business.
- Promote a positive, collaborative environment throughout the organization.
- Contribute to the clients understanding of the competitive landscape, differentiation, and industry trends.
- Build proposals and deliver a curated value proposition to client/prospect.
- Share client feedback on product, service, and pricing with respective internal team members including Product and Engineering.
- Interact with various stakeholders on the client side at all levels from junior resources up to C-level; identify decision makers; build and maintain client relationships.
- Win business with the overall goal of maintaining and growing monthly recurring revenue in your account base relative to established sales targets.
- Participate in regular team forums, meetings, and training sessions
- Education, Skills, and Background (including Experience Requirements):
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) from a 4-year university.
- Minimum 7+ years work-related experience in financial technology service industry, with at least 5 years of account relationship experience supporting large Tier 1 banks; equally comfortable and capable interacting with clients in person as via calls and emails.
- Practical experience with sales, account management, financial markets and/or the securities industry including client interactions via telephone and face-to-face meetings.
- Experience with Salesfore.com (or other CRM), MS Office, SharePoint, JIRA.
- Professional demeanor a must.
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills in English and Japanese
- Self-starter with the ability to prioritize, multitask, and take direction when required.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Team player (as you will be working with others on larger accounts globally), energetic, enthusiastic and organized.
- Emphasizes on attention to detail & comfortable acting as a de facto project coordinator who will advocate for both the company and client.
- Driven and proactive, comfortable escalating issues in context of possible solutions.
This is an office-based position. Though travel may be required from time to time, it is not expected to be regular or frequent. The role holder will be expected to work whatever hours are necessary for the performance of this role (recognizing that it involves multiple jurisdictions / geographies including but not limited to EMEA, AMRS and APAC).