Alternative Investment Solutions (AIS) Fund Administration Manager Real Estate - Assistant Vice President
Who we are looking for
An opportunity has become available for suitable candidate to join our Alternative Investment Solutions (AIS) team in Japan. As the successful candidate you will possess real estate development industry experience and a strong investment transaction processing background. Consulting and/or project management experience preferred. Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of Alternative Investment Solutions (AIS) Real Assets team, focused on real estate investments. AIS is a recognized industry-leading provider of fund accounting, fund administration and risk services to hedge funds and private equity funds. These services are fully integrated to provide complete end-to-end solutions that span the front-, middle- and back-office requirements of institutional investors.
Join us if making your mark in the alternative investment industry from day one is a challenge you are up for. What you will be responsible for
As an AIS Fund Administration Manager - Real Estate you will
What we value
- Manage client relationships and take ownership of the overall client communication
- Ensure day-to-day communications with the clients are appropriately managed and tracked
- Manage communications with investment professionals, other client personnel, investors, attorneys, auditors, bankers, property managers etc. and track deliverables and timeline
- Ensure thorough review and understanding of investment fund legal documents
- Demonstrate good management skills and the ability to work well with others, individually and within a group
- Assist with development and implementation of training all levels of staff
- Manage and improve communication within the team and other global locations
- Integrate new business/client onboarding
- Coordinate and manage special client and corporate projects
- Internal local entity level reporting
- Monitor risk associated with the service provided and ensure it meets risk tolerance levels
- Adhere to State Street Alternative Investment Solutions (AIS) strict internal control procedures
- Responsible for delivering quality service to clients, ensuring weekly, monthly and quarterly client deliverables are met, or exceed clients' expectation:
- Manage cash transactions between the fund and its subsidiaries; including scheduling, preparation and review of wire instructions, corporate & legal documentation and record keeping the transaction
- Manage liquidity of the fund's subsidiaries coordinating expense payments and working capital needs
- Prepare weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual investment/portfolio management reports for clients
- Coordinate the bank account opening process
- Coordinate the internal Know Your Customer (KYC) onboarding process
- Manage communication with the clients and other investment professionals
- Handle various ad hoc requests
- Manage the billing process
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- These skills will help you succeed in this role:
- Strong critical thinking, problem solving, and decision making skills
- Project management capability
About State Street What we do.
- Minimum 10 years relevant experience in Treasury, Accounting, Client Services or Project Management
- Experience in the real estate alternative asset industry such as property development or within a management company is preferred
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; must be fluent in at least English and Japanese language
- Willing to take up challenges in new areas
- Strong people and project management skills
- Flexibility to "think outside the box" and embrace different work methodologies
- Project management, client service, and technology skills
- Advanced MS Excel capabilities
- Strong organization skills and the ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
- Team player with a proactive and positive approach to your work
- High integrity with attention to detail
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers