Application Integration Engineer (Production Support)
- Tokyo, Tokyo-to, Japan
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 19 May 19
See job description for details
The Exchange/Market Data Connectivity Infrastructure Support team implements and maintains Exchange/Regulatory/Market Data /Clearing/Settlement vendor related systems, applications and connectivity that come into the firm. The focus is on maintaining highly available systems that can process front to back trading flows that meet both business and regulatory requirement.
This position is a hands-on technical role, and the person will be required to be part of Asia RTMD Production Management team of engineer level resources who will be responsible for much of the day to day running of the plants including the production management of the software and system developed by vendors.
Responsibilities will include the following:
- Perform day-to-day operational management of Exchange/Regulatory/Market Data/Clearing/Settlement vendor related systems infrastructure including systems administration, performance monitoring and problem resolution activities.
- Perform software installation, upgrades, decommission, in accordance with Morgan Stanleys Change Control Procedures.
- Manage or participate in the implementation and rollout of new services and products.
- Develop and maintain shell/Perl scripts for ready-for-business system health check
- Perform Level 2/3 support activities using Morgan Stanley?s designated tools, processes and procedures for incident, problem, and change management.
- Receive L1 escalations and resolve promptly
- Perform preventative maintenance functions including monitoring of logs, alarms, system performance, and capacity
- Complete regression testing, User Acceptance Testing (UAT) as and when required by development teams
- Manage third party applications and technologies liaising with suppliers or vendors as appropriate.
- Undertake tasks to enhance market data systems? capacity, performance and stability
- Interact with internal clients or vendor as needed to perform support activities (problem management and project work)
- Attend periodic and ad-hoc client and vendor meetings and provide input where appropriate
- Supervise and work with vendor resources where appropriate
- Understand and apply contractual and operational requirements
- Document, implement and adhere to operational and technical standards, best practices, processes, and procedures (problem/change/release/request management; incident/service/time reporting)
- Assist with identifying and implementing areas for improvement within existing operational and technical processes and maintain related documentation
- Provide status on activities to Regional management on a regular basis
- Assist project managers with project management activities, including requirements gathering, planning, budgeting, resource planning and management, etc.
- Project manage the implementation and rollout of new services, upgrade of production services, system and applications.
BOJ, JSCC, JSDA, BTMU, SMBC, JASDEC, JSFC, TFX, TSE, OSE, BB, Reuters, EBS, Bloomberg, Quick JBOND, YENSAI, CHIX, SBIJ, NRI, NCS, NEWEDGE, INTEC, ICAP, TULLET, MEITAN, YAGI, BGC, TANSHIKYOKAI, NIKKEIMM, FAME, TRADEWEB
- Leadership skills, including risk management, decision making, influencing skills and managing through complex situations
- 3+ years of working experience in Information Technology in an Investment Banking environment
- 3+ years of market data support experience, including vendor/supplier management
- Strong Windows 7 administration skills
- Strong IE and Chrome web browser/web proxy/Balancer knowledge
- Strong software packaging skills
- Strong TCP/IP and FIREWALL operational knowledge
- Strong Windows7/Windows10 knowledge
- 2+ years of experience in Perl and shell scripting on Unix/Linux platform is an advantage
- Innovative, be able to propose new ideas, creative solutions to tackle problems
- Proactive, be ready to step in and volunteer to undertake difficult tasks
- Strong communication skills
- Analytical and research skills for understanding external system specification and business requirement for establishing them into MS internal environment in the best way
- Native level Japanese and Business level English
- Japan market Data vendor interaction experience