Asset Management Division, Management Team, Business Unit Manager, Analyst / Associate, Tokyo
Goldman Sachs Asset Management (GSAM) delivers innovative investment solutions through a global, multi-product platform that offers clients the advantages that come with working with a large firm, while maintaining the benefits of a boutique. GSAM is one of the pre-eminent investment management organizations globally. Critical to the success of GSAM is our ability to leverage a global team of talented professionals to define solutions and lead change across the operational infrastructure. The individual will work as an integral part of GSAM's APAC Distribution COO team on a variety of functions, including management reporting, business analysis, execution of targeted initiatives, and various other aspects of running the business. The role will provide the individual with a deep understanding of GSAM's business and an excellent opportunity to enhance analytical skills and learn about the business across the region. Responsibilities
- Work with distribution teams in Japan on the weekly Forecast reporting process
- Lead annual budget preparation process
- Maintain the management Finance database and provide governance oversight on the Salesforce CRM system
- Source, collate and analyse data for management reporting and business presentations for senior management within and outside the region
- Source data for regulatory and industry surveys and questionnaires
- Collate Executive Office memos and other EO requests for review
- Handle ad-hoc report requests from regional and global management
- Liaise with Distribution and Product teams, Finance and Strategy, the Executive Office, and federation groups on a variety of ongoing and ad-hoc initiatives including Firmwide events
- Degree holder with 3-5 years' experience
- Fluent in both Japanese and English
- Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Management reporting and analysis experience a plus
- Detail-oriented with capacity to translate data into meaningful information
- Strong numerical, analytical, problem solving and multitasking skills
- Effective communicator
- Understanding of GSAM or the broader asset management business is a plus
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity