Asset Management Division, Product Development, Analyst / Associate, Tokyo
Goldman Sachs Asset Management (GSAM) delivers innovative investment solutions through a global, multi-product platform that offers clients the advantages that come with working with a large firm, while maintaining the benefits of a boutique. GSAM is one of the pre-eminent investment management organizations globally. Critical to the success of GSAM is our ability to leverage a global team of talented professionals to define solutions and lead change across the operational infrastructure.
In line with the growth in our GSAM business, we are looking for an Analyst or Associate to join the Product Development team. This role requires coordinating fund event initiatives across all channels, and all asset classes, upon life events of funds, for Japan business. Responsibilities:
- Manage new fund launches, fund restructures and fund terminations with other teams (including Legal, Tax, Compliance, Operations, Portfolio Management teams, Sales teams) and other areas of the business.
- Work closely with Sales and Portfolio Management teams as well as various other infrastructure teams in order to develop feasible solution for implementing new funds or initiatives.
- Function as the go-to-person in relation to fund products.
- Support in analyzing possibilities to develop full breadth of GSAM investment strategies into local products for distribution.
- Prepare product proposals to the internal committees for approvals.
- Assess the competitive position of the existing product range, proposing and implementing changes to existing products to improve their positioning
- Native level fluency in English and Japanese language
- Good command of spoken communication a must
- Capable of writing legal documents in English and Japanese
- Highly qualified in MS Office applications, Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Good coordination and negotiation skills with all levels of counterparts
- 2-5 years' experience in asset management industry or financial industry
- Knowledge in middle/back office of financial institution, or legal/compliance in asset manager.
- Experience or knowledge in sales activities of asset managers in Japan, either retail or institutional
- Leadership to guide working group for multiple fund projects
- Self-motivated, has strong sense of ownership
- Well organized
- Attention to details
- Attention to profitability and efficiency
- Capable of building relationship with colleagues across the globe
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity