Goldman Sachs Asset Management - Strategic Client Services - Associate (Tokyo) ASSET & WEALTH MANAGEMENT
Bringing together traditional and alternative investments, we provide clients around the world with a dedicated partnership and focus on long-term performance. As the firm's primary investment area, we provide investment and advisory services for some of the world's leading pension plans, sovereign wealth funds, insurance companies, endowments, foundations, financial advisors and individuals, for which we oversee more than $2 trillion in assets under supervision. Working in a culture that values integrity and transparency, you will be part of a diverse team that is passionate about our craft, our clients, and building sustainable success. We are:
, spanning traditional and alternative markets offering products and services
, understanding our clients' priorities and poised to help provide investment advice and strategies that make sense for their portfolios
• Thought Leaders
, providing timely insights across macro and secular themes to help inform our clients' investment decisions
, using our suite of digital solutions to help our clients address complex challenges and meet their financial goals
Goldman Sachs Asset Management (GSAM) delivers innovative investment solutions through a global, multi-product platform that offers clients the advantages that come with working with a large firm, while maintaining the benefits of a boutique.
GSAM is one of the pre-eminent investment management organizations globally. Critical to the success of GSAM is our ability to leverage a global team of talented professionals to define solutions and lead change across the operational infrastructure. Strategic Client Services (SCS) works with GSAM Portfolio Management, Sales and internal business support partners to manage our separate account client experience.
SCS seeks to strengthen our client franchise by providing world class client service and execution in a controlled and scalable manner.
The SCS team is responsible for managing the cross-functional process of on-boarding new separate accounts and advisory mandates for institutional clients, as well as other life-cycle events including restructures and terminations of existing client mandates.
A client facing role, the SCS lead will be expected to build relationships with new and existing GSAM clients to project manage separate account life cycle events.
SCS specialists define and manage project plans and accountabilities across the entire GSAM organization, including Portfolio Management, Sales, Operations, Legal, Compliance, Technology and Controllers.
At Goldman Sachs, our culture is one of teamwork, innovation, and meritocracy. We often say our people are our greatest asset and we take pride in supporting each colleague both professionally and personally. From collaborative workspaces and ergonomic services to wellbeing and resilience offerings, we offer our people the flexibility and support they need to reach their goals in and outside of the office.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Understand and monitor pipeline of client events working closely with stakeholders in the GSAM Client Business.
- Understand and manage every facet of a client event working closely with the Client and partners from Portfolio Management, Sales, Operations, and other business support partners before and during the client account event.
- Coordinate, organize and lead all internal GSAM discussions and serve as a point of escalation for issues throughout the client account event.
- Partner with Sales to manage Client expectations and ensure exceptional Client experience.
- Develop detailed project plans, target delivery dates and key milestones based on a deep understanding of Client requirements, mandate details and service level agreements within GSAM and with business support partners.
- Manage the negotiations, vetting and tracking of all contractual obligations, including the Investment Management Agreement, Investment Guidelines, Non-Investment Commitments (e.g., operational / technology setup, reporting requirements) with key functional areas.
- Coordinate with Operations on operational implementation, including account, custodian and counterparty set up.
- Ensure that all functional areas are kept informed of the status of the Client account event and any sensitive issues or requests are escalated to and resolved with GSAM Management.
- Coordinate and obtain the requisite signoffs from senior management in all impacted functions. Ensure that all prerequisite tasks are complete prior to authorization to trade.
- Contribute to the broader SCS effort to enhance client experience and controls and identify, streamline and implement process and governance improvements.
- Be a solution provider for clients and business to meet various structure needs and product demands.
- Extremely diligent, organized and results-focused
- Exceptional judgment with an ability to grasp concepts quickly and problem solve through an analytical mindset
- Strong project management skills, including ability to organize, track and drive resolution to multiple threads of activity; hands-on approach to resolving issues
- Strong communication skills with an ability to gain trust and confidence from clients, internal functional areas and senior management
- Fluent both in English and Japanese language with ability to organize meetings and interact with global stakeholders and clients in both languages.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers.
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https://www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2023. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity