Asset & Wealth Management Operations, Client Operations, Institutional Oversight, Analyst, Tokyo
Asset & Wealth Management Operations, Client Operations, Institutional Oversight, Analyst, Tokyo Job Description Roles & Responsibilities
The Institutional Oversight team has primary responsibility for all aspects of institutional account onboarding, portfolio accounting, and serves as the single point of contact for all operations related client inquiries. These functions cover a wide range of clients and a complex product range, which include equities, fixed income, currency, and derivatives. The group supports portfolio managers, sales, and client relationship professionals by providing accurate and timely client account information and overseeing all aspects of operational risk across portfolios. This involves extensive interaction with internal and external parties to ensure effective oversight for existing business and to shape and implement solutions for new clients, products, strategies, and system architecture. The group continues to focus on best in-class client experience and working closely with the business to maintain and enhance client relationships. Primary Responsibilities
- Holistic ownership and understanding of client accounts from AWM Operations perspective by coordinating client events and issues across all operations teams and business partners, and act as a single point of contact for AWM Operations
- Coordinate and manage tasks across a multi-disciplined team to ensure all operational information relating to an account event is received and systems are set up prior to account trading activity.
- Ensure accounting data accuracy and provide accounting policy oversight in order to create controlled environment for investment management process.
- Trading desk/sales support, including ad-hoc queries as well as ongoing business initiatives
- Proactively review indicators of operational issues/concerns with the goal of resolving such issues before client impact
- Review account level metrics (i.e. reconciling items on cash/position reconciliations, daily corporate actions, NAV Reconciliations, failing trades, standard/non-standard reporting deliverables) as defined by operating standards and research, escalate, remediate exceptions as appropriate
- Provide governance and transparency for client collections by overseeing open receivables process and coordinating with Distribution Teams.
- Apply process reengineering methodologies in executing strategies and tactical solutions
- Bachelor's degree required
- Fluency in written and verbal Japanese, business level English
- 1 to 3 years of relevant professional experience
Proficient in Microsoft Office, specifically Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Previous experience in Operations and/or Financial Services industry
- Be highly collaborative, team-oriented and strong consensus builder Demonstrate strong communication and interpersonal skills both written and oral
- Demonstrate ability to partner across product groups, regions and functional responsibilities.
- Be a strategic thinker, possesses strong facilitation and data gathering skills
- Attention to detail and ability to work to tight deadlines under pressure and to provide practical solutions
- Risk management focus
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital, and ideas to help our clients, shareholders, and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities, and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world. We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers . We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https://www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2023. All rights reserved. Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity