At M&G our vision is: to become the best loved and most successful savings and investment business and we’re looking for people who are excited about joining us on our journey. We’re digitally transforming and investing heavily in technology and innovation to develop new and improved customer propositions that really raise the bar for our customers. To help us achieve our vision we’re looking for exceptional people who live our values and behaviours and who can inspire others; embrace change; deliver results and keep it simple.
What you can expect from us:
We are committed to creating an environment where you can be exceptional at all you do. To help us deliver this, we promise to:
- Challenge Your Limits by creating a stimulating working environment and providing opportunities for you to be involved in meaningful and challenging work
- Support Your Aspirations with a commitment to learning and development that helps you achieve and build your experience with people who want you to succeed
- Value Your Input whereby leaders and managers will involve you in key decisions, listen to your thoughts and recognise the important contribution you make
- Balance Your Life through a work life partnership that focuses on making this an inclusive, diverse and friendly place to work and offers the flexibility and support that enables everyone to be at their best
Work with senior asset managers to identify opportunities to improve asset investment performance through leasing strategies, enhancement of planning or via change through refurbishment, alteration or redevelopment and to take the role driving asset management activities (including oversight of outsourced property management), with responsibility for delivery of landlord & tenant and leasing strategies (including lettings, rent review, lease renewal & restructuring), as approved via Asset Initiatives or within the Asset Plan.
To contribute to the achievement of strategic investment objectives developed and agreefd upon on a periodic basis and recorded in an Annual Asset Plan. To deliver budgeted income and capital returns in line with the Asset Plan.
Key Work Level Accountabilities: Experienced Colleague
- Accountable for providing a quality service or product to customers and stakeholders, using skills/experience built through significant practical experience or training
- For team leaders, accountable for ensuring the team the role supports is delivering a quality service or product
- Works within established frameworks and procedures, with the freedom to interpret them to solve a range of problems
- Delivers outputs that are clearly defined, using discretion over how to achieve them
- Makes suggestions for improvements to the work of the team, based on previous experience and knowledge of similar situationsKey Responsibilities for this role:
Be directly involved or support the senior asset managers to achieve the below;
- Establishing and maintaining the Asset Strategy and hold/sell analysis for each allocated asset.
- Reviewing the performance of the asset and understanding the drivers of performance. Monitoring and reviewing, in conjunction with the Fund Manager, the investment performance of assets against the appropriate benchmark.
- Development and management of 15 year cash flow models of assigned assets using Argus Enterprise software (updated quarterly).
- Appraising, evaluating and approving the agreed asset strategy or proposals developed aimed at enhancing asset performance whether through the Asset Plan or individual Asset Initiatives.
- Advising the Fund Manager where there might be an inappropriate skills match within the Property Management team to deliver the Asset Strategy.
- Ensuring the accuracy of the investment data held on the relevant in house systems or systems managed by service providers.
- Ensure that your assigned assets are kept "ready for sale" from a compliance, presentation and legal title basis.
- If requested, execute approved disposition strategy ensuring optimised returns are secured and legal transfer is completed correctly.
- Supply PRT with relevant research received from the property market and where appropriate extend invitations to presentations and seminars to PRT colleagues
- Providing relevant information to the appointed external valuers.
- Identifying, appointing and negotiating the terms of appointment of investment agents and consultants and monitoring their performance.
- Undertaking valuations and feasibility analyses as required in support of any recommendations requiring Fund Manager’s authority.
- Sharing market information within M&G Real Estate to ensure, as appropriate, all Client Funds benefit from this information. Identifying and promoting ideas for research to the Head of Asset Management and/or Fund Manager.
- Identifying and promoting ideas for research to the HoAM and or Fund Manager.
- Active participation in the underwriting and transitioning of new assets.
- Assisting the business in investing into or managing any direct or indirect real estate assets or holdings
Asset Management Responsibilities
Be directly involved or support the senior asset managers to achieve the below;
- Responsible for delivering optimised total returns for your allocated assets taking account of the risk profile, aims and objectives of the various mandates and funds.
- Responsible for preparing a periodic Asset Management reporting deliverables for any allocated assets including; Annual Asset Plans, Lease Approvals, Capex Approvals etc.
- Responsible for managing periodic (quarterly & annual) valuations for your assigned assets. Assisting the HOAM procure and manage the services of the external service provider. Responsible for managing the appointment and performance of the service providers associated with your assigned assets (Property Managers, Facility Managers, Leasing Agents Consultants);
- Managing and monitoring the selection of professional and agent sub-contractors to ensure that the appropriate quality and cost of service is obtained, avoiding conflicts of interest and adhering to internal M&G compliance and policy.
- Identifying, negotiating and implementing initiatives including lease handover/re-letting opportunities and reconfiguring properties to enhance the income return;
- Managing rent review and lease renewals, both in-house and using external consultants as may be agreed
- Organising and chairing asset review & letting meetings with relevant participants (as required), ensuring agreed actions points and agreed strategy are documented, communicated to all participants and followed through;
- Approving the property management strategy and objectives and overseeing implementation by the Property Manager, including the following:
- Ensuring that income is maximized and non-recoverable costs proactively managed & minimized,
- Long range capex plan for your assets.
- Monitoring and reviewing under the lead of the HoAM, Fund Manager, the investment performance of assets.
- To contribute proactively in respect of asset management and leasing factors that may influence the hold / sale decision in respect of individual assets.
- Set up, build, maintain and manage key relationships with professional service providers, subject matter experts and Agents.
- Organising and chairing asset day meetings with relevant participants (as required), ensuring agreed actions points are documented, communicated and followed through;
- Contributing to M&G’s customer relationship management program (establishing and owning relationship with key portfolio customers (tenants));
- Develop in depth market knowledge of your assets, sectors and markets. Be the go to person within the M&G team.
- Develop and execute asset transition plans for newly acquired assets.
- Management of asset level delegation of authority for service providers to work within.
- Managing M&G RE's data bases (Argus Enterprise & Yardi).
Key Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Post graduate / professional qualifications in property
- 2 to 5 years’ experience in the Property / Asset Management function within the real estate or finance sector within Japan and or the Asia Pacific Area, particularly in exposures to asset management, leasing, property management, capex/repair, valuation.
- Experience and or proficiency with Excel, Power Point, Argus Enterprise (DCF software), & Yardi preferred
- Experience in reporting on NOI Variance
- Proficiency in financial analysis, valuation movements, reading and comprehending P&L & Balance Sheets
- Proficiency in English
- Experience with local markets is preferred
We live by four behaviours at M&G and we ask all our employees to:
- Inspire Others – Support and encourage each other, creating an environment where everyone can contribute and succeed
- Embrace Change - Be open to change, willing to be challenged and able to adapt quickly and imaginatively to new ideas
- Deliver Results - Focus on outcomes, set high standards and deliver with energy and determination
- Keep it Simple - Cut through complexity and bureaucracy, be clear and decisive and never overcomplicate things
At M&G Diversity and Inclusion is a strategic objective. We know that an inclusive environment makes us more accessible and ensures we attract, engage, promote and retain exceptional people. We welcome applications from all individuals regardless of age, gender/gender identity, sexual orientation, ethnicity/nationally, disability, or military service and welcome those who have taken career breaks. We will consider flexible working arrangements for any of our roles.