We are one of the largest investment management organizations in the world, with over 1000 people working together to create long-term value.
Investment Services Private Market and Finance Department
The Investment Services Private Market and Finance (ISPVMF) Department is responsible for investment services for the private market and financial management across the GIC group. It is responsible for providing operations and reporting support to the private market business of GIC as well as budgeting, accounting, payment processing, cash management, tax and financial & management reporting services to all departments, corporate management companies and the global offices of the GIC group. It is involved in deal structuring and closing, transaction processing, administration and accounting of investment holding companies, review of financial controls for asset operations, cash & securities reconciliation, valuation and financial reporting for assets under management, and external debt financing. Investment Services (Real Estate)
The Investment Services Management (Real Estate) team sits within ISPVMF department. With more than 500 separate Real Estate investments spanning over 40 countries, the Investment Services Management team for Real Estate plays a vital role to provide investment and asset management support to Real Estate Investment Professionals. This includes propagating industry best practices, improving efficiency by process design, providing timely and accurate performance reporting and providing data analysis support to ensure GIC Real Estate continues to retain its competitive edge. The team also manages the Real Estate portfolio insurance program to ensure sufficient protection of downside risks.
We are looking for a suitable candidate to join the Regional Portfolio Operations (RPO) team within the Investment Services Management (Real Estate) function. The role will directly support the Asia real estate business from our Tokyo office, as an Associate.
The RPO team is vital in the smooth running of the real estate business, providing operational, deal execution and portfolio management support as well as being the main point of contact with HQ. The team works with many stakeholders including deal teams, finance, tax, legal and external counterparties. Responsibilities
Project management with the real estate investment professionals for administrative functions related to transaction closings covering all real estate asset types and structures. This involves close coordination and interface across multiple functions; managing each closing to ensure smooth operations between internal and external parties for timely close and execution e.g.
- Due diligence coordination and background checks, coordinating KYC, funding and signatures
- Review/prepare documents for compliance with investment processes, administrative procedures and compliance policies
- Accurate reporting of transactions within internal systems
- Closing binder administration and managing post-closing follow ups
- Coordinating with deal teams and internal counsel during negotiation and execution of standardized transaction documents e.g. NDAs, SPAs, LPAs, Facility Agreements and Side Letters
- Working with external counterparties to ensure ongoing accurate and timely quarterly reporting
- Proactively making suggestions improvements in RE's deal related processes
- Other ad-hoc requests as required by deal teams
Reporting and operations
- Quarterly, semiannual and annual reporting of portfolio data for the real estate portfolio including related system maintenance i.e. data collection, entry and updates
- Coordination of annual strategic asset planning process and other asset management support for real estate portfolio
- Ad-hoc deal and portfolio analysis which provides good insight into the portfolio dynamics
- Relevant policy/compliance administration, process improvements and roll outs
- At least 3 to 5 years of working experience in regional portfolio operations.
- Minimum bachelor's degree in finance, accounting, business or equivalent.
- Detail-oriented with ability to work independently and manage projects.
- Service-focused, with a desire to be a strong partner to investment teams and other stakeholders.
- Team player with good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Inquisitive self-starter, with ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to drive co-ordination and project manage amongst multiple stakeholders.
- Good written and spoken command of English and Japanese language
- Possess an analytical mind, and strong negotiating ability to create win-win situations.
- Excellent computer skills in Excel and Powerpoint. Comfortable managing a significant volume of data.
- Knowledge of visualization tools such as Tableau would be an advantage.
- Experience in the Real Estate sector would be an advantage.