Banking Operations Specialist PB
Credit Suisse is a leading global wealth manager with strong investment banking capabilities. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, we have a global reach with operations in about 50 countries and employ more than 45,000 people from over 150 different nations. Embodying entrepreneurial spirit, Credit Suisse delivers holistic financial solutions to our clients, including innovative products and specially tailored advice. Striving for quality and excellence in our work, we recognize and reward extraordinary performance among our employees, provide wide-ranging training and development opportunities, and benefit from a diverse range of perspectives to create value for our clients, shareholders and communities. We are Credit Suisse. We Offer
Overview of Function
Within Credit Suisse (Japan) Limited and Credit Suisse Tokyo Branch, Private Baking Operations support the entire Private Banking business from both a Securities and Banking Operations perspective. The function covers Securities settlement and free of payment transactions. Product ranges from both foreign and domestic securities including bonds, equities and funds as well as collateral monitoring, discretionary trading covering the Banking business involving payment, deposit, loan and derivative products.
Along with settlements the team supports, reconciliation of client cash, Nostro and deposit balances and break management, data management, regulatory reporting, legal ledgers and client document maintenance and retention, securities reference data management and multiple control reviews. The business has continued to evolve over the last few years, with Credit Suisse' unique position as being one of the few foreign provider of Private Banking services in Japan. In addition, the team manages multiple projects to develop and replace systems and evolve from manual effort to automation. This role provides opportunities to add to individuals career and expects promising candidates to develop their career and contribute in a proactive manner with the motivation to step up to a management role in the in the future.
- To perform day-to-day duties as well as monthly, quarterly and annual tasks as a team member of Private Banking Operations, double-hatted for Securities and Banking Operations where the above described roles are expected whilst acting as a confident contributor to the team, Group Operations, as well as to the Business reporting into an AVP.
- To ensure client statements (especially regulatory in nature) and legal ledgers are correctly generated and distributed to clients on a timely basis.
- To validate and perform settlement of domestic securities transactions as described above, as well as ensuring to execute payments on the Banking side
- To provide oversight over validation and settlement of foreign products and currencies as Japan Operations outsources processes to India, Singapore and occasionally Poland Office.
To communicate in a timely and professional manner with internal clients and stakeholders with a proactive and cooperative attitude
To perform fund transfer and accounting booking to the relevant systems
- To ensure Operations have robust controls in place and being conscious at all times to be compliant with the internal policies and with local and global regulations that govern taxation and legal compliance, especially from the perspective of the Private Banking business
- To prepare data from external stakeholders and then consolidate reportable data to be provided to Regulatory Reporting team in an accurate and timely manner
- To have good comprehension withholding tax and filing the tax returns to Tax offices on local tax, handling of Tokutei accounts, discretionary business, as well as global tax rules
- To support both internal and external audit and inspection from the perspective of regulations, tax filing, Anti-Money Laundering, SOX controls and other supporting controls that CS define
- To understanding the nature of business, new or existing and be able to judge implications on Operations, from productivity, efficiency as well as a risk perspective
- To proactively opine ideas for better controls and increased efficiency for the team, whist participating as a SME in projects and day-to-day problem solving, new business initiatives, as well as analyzing market change impacts and dealing with system changes
- Several years of experience working in the Financial Industry
- Work experience in Private Banking operations and Banking Payment processes are added advantages but not a necessary requirement
- A good team player, being able to build rapport with the rest of the team, as well as external stakeholders.
- Having knowledge on a variety of products, or motivation to learn under a steep learning curve
- Having good comprehension or the ability to learn regulatory and internal policies requirements
- Experience in change project as a SME
- Experience and good comprehension in accounting is an added advantage
- Proficiency in hard skills such as MS tools (excel, word, and having some knowledge in macro is an added advantage)
- Professional communication skills both of written and spoken (Japanese native and English business with no hesitation to use)
- Logical and pragmatic approach to problem solving
- Commitment to learn and attain challenging objectives, and creative thinking
- Having motivation to keep pushing his/her own boundary and enjoy challenges
- Having motivation to become a future leader
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success.