Business Analyst (Data Analytics)
Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 60 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients.
We are transitioning to a hybrid work environment where both remote work and the office play a critical role. Our vision is a future where all employees are empowered to work flexibly to drive the best outcomes for our clients. Flexible work is a mindset and a core value. Our employees are encouraged to work remotely two days a week as a standard practice and will have flexibility in terms of working hours. RESPONSIBILITIES
As a member of the Investec Operational Program Management Team, responsibilities will include and are not limited to:
- Aid in the support of Wellington's Client Operations and Client Group (CG) teams
- Work closely with the Client Applications Business Team to support additional reporting needs across all asset classes and the broader firm as required
- Business requirements analysis and contribute to additional development and quality assurance efforts in support of Wellington's client reporting.
- Work closely with the development team as solutions are implemented.
- Interface with senior business members across Client Operations and Client Group, to understand and validate report requests and provide recommendations accordingly.
- Coordinate the efforts required of internal business partners, software developers, and data vendors, providing assistance with testing, deployment, training and support.
- Define business requirements for new ESG reporting and regulatory needs (globally)
- Partner with Investment Products & Fund Strategies (IPFS) and our Client Group teams to understand market baseline and differentiated ESG reporting requirements on behalf of our clients
- Collaborate with other cross functional ESG business and IT teams across the firm's investment platform
- Responding to internal inquiries regarding our ESG capabilities and answering ad-hoc client questions
- Work with the Questionnaire's Team to respond to complex RFP or RFI inquiries
A degree (or foreign equivalent) in Computer Science, Business Administration, Economics, Finance or related field plus two (2) years business or systems analysis experience in the investment management, financial services or client reporting environments. Experience must include some amount of:
- At least 2 years Financial Services industry experience with an understanding of Fixed Income, Derivative, and Equity instruments and commonly used instruments in an institutional investment vehicle like common stocks, bonds (government, corporate, municipal), derivatives (forwards, futures, options, CDX, swaps)
- Intellectually curious in Sustainable Investing and self-motivated
- Have a global perspective and creative approach for thinking about the evolution of our ESG reporting capabilities.
- Prior industry experience in an ESG role is considered a plus
- Growth mindset - The flexibility and openness to continue learning, evolving, and growing as an analyst
- The individual must be an independent self-starter, a team player, and able to work on multiple assignments and complete high-quality work against strict and competing deadlines that are dictated by prospects, consultants, and clients.
- Analytic systems and data of an institutional investment environment. Understanding of dimensional (reference data), fact-based data (analytics, positions, transactions), performance and attribution data sets in an Asset Management / Institutional Investment vehicle or similar nature in a data reporting role.
- Navigating relational databases, such as Oracle, Amazon Aurora, Redshift, to resolve investment data issues like proving entity level aggregated analytics example - duration, EPS or OAS for an entity.
- Ability to write and debug SQL queries. The candidate should be comfortable with inner and outer joins, and possess the ability to debug report queries or logical/physical queries.
- Oracle/SQL Server relational databases and tools, such as Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle Database, MySQL
Must have 1 year of experience in each of the following (experience may be gained concurrently):
- Demonstrated domain expertise in data from third party market data applications including Factset, Bloomberg or Morningstar
- Demonstrated technical knowledge in one of the following vendor reporting solutions: OBIEE, Tableau, or Jasper
Will accept a candidate with five (5) years of described experience.
Not sure you meet 100% of our qualifications? That's ok. If you believe that you could excel in this role, we encourage you to apply and welcome a chance to review your background. We are dedicated to building and maintaining a diversified workforce and considering a broad array of candidates with a variety of skill, workplace experiences, and backgrounds.
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law . If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at GMCANINQ@wellington.com .