Client Chief Investment Officer - Japan, Associate
- Not Specified
- Tokyo, Tokyo-to, Japan
- Permanent, Full time
- 15 Apr 19
About BlackRock BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, our clients turn to us for the solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of December 31, 2018, the firm
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, our clients turn to us for the solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of December 31, 2018, the firm managed approximately $5.98 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
BlackRock is one of the world’s preeminent asset management firms and a premier provider of global investment management, risk management and advisory services to institutional, intermediary, and individual investors around the world. At nearly fourteen thousand employees located across the globe spanning 135 investment teams in 30 countries, BlackRock touches every corner of the finance industry. BlackRock is trusted to manage more money than any other investment firm and has around $6.2 trillion of assets under management.
Client Portfolio Solutions
Client Portfolio Solutions (CPS) is a BlackRock investment group focused on delivering whole-portfolio asset allocation and portfolio construction services and solutions to meet our clients’ growing demand for outcome-oriented investment solutions in the face of challenging markets, greater complexity and rising regulatory scrutiny.
CPS provides a single point-of-contact for custom portfolio construction, with individual Client Chief Investment Officers offering multi-asset expertise and owning the design, delivery and performance of custom portfolio solutions for our clients. These experts are segmented by client channels, including DC and Wealth Management Platforms, Pensions, Insurance, Foundations & Endowments, Family Office, Official Institutions and Multi-nationals. CPS is also organized into three major regions – Americas, EMEA and APAC – with teams responsible for qualifying client inquiries and identifying solutions that recognize the importance of understanding and addressing client needs and preferences through a local lens.
CPS brings together the best of BlackRock’s real-world investment expertise, premier asset allocation and macro research, and industry-leading risk analysis capabilities to offer our clients a holistic, differentiated portfolio construction experience.
Our team is made up of experts in strategic asset allocation design who partner with investment professionals in Fixed Income, Active Equity, ETF and Index, Multi-Asset Strategies and Alternative asset classes to blend multiple sources of return to maximize long-term performance.
We draw on the insights and thought leadership of our Portfolio Research Group, a dedicated capability within the BlackRock Investment Institute to provide clear, unified portfolio construction and asset allocation best practices for our investment teams and clients. And working with sales teams empowered to engage our clients on a whole-portfolio basis and leveraging our risk-management expertise, built around Aladdin’s industry-leading analytics, we are committed to setting a new standard of excellence in partnering with clients to achieve their outcomes.
Our important and fascinating work is at the very center of a quickly evolving asset management industry and embodies BlackRock’s strategic commitment to meet our clients’ evolving needs and expectations. We envision a bold and exciting future and invite you to join our team.
Client Portfolio Solutions is committed to attracting, developing and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce regardless of race, national origin, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, marriage or civil partnership, or religion or belief. We are passionate about creating and promoting a diverse and inclusive environment where all employees are valued and respected. Consistent with our diverse client base, we recognize the benefit that diverse teams bring to the success of our business.
Who we are
The Client CIO – Japan team designs, implements, and oversees portfolio construction and asset allocation expertise to solve our client’s investment challenges. The team covers Outsourced CIO solutions as well as bespoke investment mandates oriented around client outcomes for banks, insurance firms and pensions. Rooted in BlackRock’s longstanding culture of objective problem-solving, the team collaborates with stakeholders around the firm to deliver high quality outcome-oriented investment solutions for our clients.
What you will do
- Focus on Japan clients especially banks and insurance firms, (covering both existing Outsourced CIO/fiduciary clients as well as helping drive our business development efforts)
- Interface for existing clients, including liaising with internal stakeholders and the lead client representatives
- Work with bank and insurance clients in an advisory and portfolio construction capacity
- Perform analyses on a broad range of topics, including asset allocation, portfolio construction, risk management and implementation best practices
- Engage with banks and insurance firms to understand their unique circumstances, investment objectives, constraints and regulatory consideration and applying portfolio and risk analytics to support investment decisions and portfolio outcomes
- Support business development efforts through quantitative analyses, RFP responses and creation of presentation material, as well as attendance at due diligence meetings and new business pitches
- Working with internal stakeholders and client fulfilment team to enhance client onboarding and reporting experience by contributing to operating platforms best practices.
- Attend client meetings with lead account managers to provide portfolio advice, analysis and reviews
- Support ad hoc research and contribute to articles and white papers on relevant topics of interest
- Maintain an in-depth knowledge of the full suite of solutions offered by Client Portfolio Solutions and the products managed by other investment areas within BlackRock
- Develop an in-depth knowledge of Aladdin, BlackRock’s proprietary investment and risk management platform
- Keep up with local industry trends, conventions, regulation changes and clients’ business situation broadly
- Be directly involved in the execution and delivery of high-profile client projects
We are looking for people who are:
Curious: You like to learn new things and are happy to challenge the status quo
Empathetic: You have an uncanny ability to “put yourself in others’ shoes”
Passionate: You feel personal ownership for the work you do and an aspiration to be better
Open: You value and respect input from others
Experimental: You make mistakes, but learn from them
Intellectual: You want to outsmart the problem
A team player: You enjoy collaboration and are able to build trusting relationships quickly
Self-motivated: You can drive projects forward with little supervision
A fiduciary: You maintain the highest level of integrity in every aspect of performance
Multi-taskers: You are able to manage various projects simultaneously
Committed: ou are highly professi
onal, organized and committed to excellence
What you should have
- Minimum of 5 years of financial services, consultant or asset management experience
- Business level Japanese and English
- Good understanding of financial markets, and ideally some experience in one or more of the following areas: asset allocation, portfolio consultation or advisory, investment strategy design, bank and insurance regulation, portfolio management
- CFA, CMA, CAIA, FRM and/or Certification of Actuary are encouraged but not required
- Demonstrated record of academic achievement, work ethic, and leadership
- A genuine inclination for quantitative analysis and the ability to work through complex problems and challenges to provide innovative insights
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to explain complex topics to non-technical individuals
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.