Would you like to utilize and build your Accounting and Finance knowledge as a Controller supporting Global Markets and Asset Management Divisions of Goldman Sachs?
We are looking for a team player with strong accounting and/or product knowledge and a passion in Finance to support the Goldman Sachs businesses which primarily focus on the objectives and strategies of the firm. HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
The mission of Controllers is to ensure that the firm meets the financial control and reporting obligations of a global, regulated and public financial institution. As part of the firm's second line of defense, Controllers provides the critical analysis required while ensuring the internal and external financial information of the firm is accurate. Additionally, Controllers serves an important role in safeguarding the assets of the firm through the independent scrutiny of financial information. Through its strong culture of control and challenge, Controllers helps to protect the firm from reputational and other risks while also engaging regularly with the firm's regulators and auditors. RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Safeguard the assets and reputation of the firm by controlling and supporting the trading divisions, as well as ensuring that they are in compliance with the firm's policies and with the rules/regulations that govern global financial markets.
- Work effectively with the Business and other Federation teams, including Operations, Risk, Tax, Technology and Treasury.
- Intelligently challenging price verification analysis with the objective of highlighting anything that requires further price discovery, unusual or not globally consistent.
- Price Verification results are reported and discussed with Controllers management.
- Preparation of financial disclosures to reflect the level of judgment involved in estimating fair values, ranging from market-based prices to illiquid assets with limited price observability.
- Advisory and review on the daily pricing of Fund assets, including oversight of 3rd party pricing vendors.
- Participate in the governance review of new Fund launches, restructuring and Fund terminations.
- Work and drive innovation-related initiatives, including workflow automation and data analytics projects.
- Possess strong interest in financial products and market awareness.
- Qualified Accountant or Finance accreditation is preferred with prior experience in finance or audit.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong confident character, team player control mindset and able to work under pressure.
- Strong analytical skills and detail oriented.
- Proactive and willing to take on extra responsibilities.
- Knowledge and experience in programming, such as Python will be advantageous.
- Fluency in written and spoken Japanese and English is preferred.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers.
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https://www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity