Bank Relations (BR) is the global team responsible for managing strategic relationships, credit lines, service quality, and costs for the firm's network of agent banks. This includes: cash clearing, securities custody, and corporate trust among other financial institution relationships. The team also works closely with digital asset custodians and technology providers globally.
GS Agent Banks represent many markets around the world and across multiple products sets for Goldman Sachs. The team acts as a central liaison point between the firm's various business/product lines, the marketplace, and multiple operational areas within GS that utilize the bank's credit and services.
The team's goal is to establish, enhance, and maintain these relationships in order to derive the maximum commercial and operational value for the firm. BR leverages the agent bank network to develop creative industry solutions, preserve expense management discipline, ensure the highest level of service quality, and exercise proper risk management. BR manages these relationships front-to-back and includes holistic relationship management, account opening/maintenance, and ongoing enhanced due diligence.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Open, manage and close cash bank accounts on behalf of various Goldman Sachs entities including Japan market in specific.
- Facilitate new business and support existing businesses of the firm
- Be accountable for meeting defined SLA (Service Level Agreements) for account-related requests
- Leverage relationship with agent banks to ensure the firm's bank accounts are opened and serviced timely by the agent banks
- Coordinate internal divisions to complete front-to-back setup and maintenance of bank accounts
- Evaluate new business proposals to provide bank account solutions
- Contribute to multiple projects to achieve the firm's commercial and strategic goals
- Escalate challenges and risks in the processes, design and implement ways to improve workflows
- Minimum of 2-5 years of relevant Operations experience
- Proficiency in Japanese and English language (both written and spoken) is required.
- Strong analytical, organizational, problem-solving skills
- Highly detail oriented, proactive and team oriented
- Able to operate independently and effectively to drive multiple initiatives, able to prioritize work in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to interact with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Adaptive to new changes and new challenges
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers.
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https://www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity