Derivatives and Structured Products Lawyer - Legal / Taxation / Compliance - Tokyo, Japan
Derivatives and structured products lawyer to cover the derivatives and structured products of the group currently conducted from a Japan local subsidiary duly registered as type 1 financial instruments business operator. The role itself is situated in Tokyo.
Reporting to the Head of Legal in Japan, the successful candidate will provide legal advice on and handle documentation of matters in relation to:
- Bespoke structured derivative products, mostly on equity underlying, including bespoke indices and credit derivatives underlying.
- Bond repacks and bespoke structured transactions.
- OTC and Master agreements in general (ISDA Master Agreement, GMSLA, GMRA and JSDA).
The successful candidate will: (i) coordinate with external counsel on the above as required during the life of a transaction, and with the Hong Kong office and Head Office in Paris as the need arises; and (ii) handle transversal or ancillary issues that may arise in connection with the above.
Profile required Required Competencies/Qualifications:
- Admitted to Japanese Bar (admission in a common law jurisdiction is a plus)
- Approximately 6-9 years' experience as a finance lawyer, ideally with previous in-house bank experience following private practice qualification
- Japanese language (both written and spoken) is essential
- Good interpersonal and communication skills and a command of spoken and written English
- Creativity, team spirit and commitment
- Initiative and the ability to work independently, while respecting reporting procedures
- Analytical skills, and the ability to apply legal analysis to different fact patterns and in a cross-border context
- Ability to manage complex product across a number of jurisdictions
- Positive attitude with a willingness to learn and achieve
- Commercially focused/problem solver
- Able to manage time and juggle competing priorities
- Discipline and professionalism: strong organizational, time management and prioritization skills; the ability to work under time pressure and manage deadlines
Societe Generale is one of the leading financial services groups in Europe. Present in over 50 countries across Europe, the Americas and Asia. Societe Generale provides corporate, financial institutions, investors and public sector clients with value-added integrated financial solutions.
Today, Societe Generale in Japan consists of four core businesses: Societe Generale, Tokyo Branch; Societe Generale Securities Japan Limited, Lyxor Asset Management Japan and Societe Generale Aircraft Leasing Company Limited. These four entities are in line with our worldwide focus on Investment Banking, Global Finance and Global Markets, and Asset Management.
We are an equal opportunities employer
and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. Societe Generale is committed to recognizing and promoting all talents
, regardless of their beliefs, age, disability, parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, sexual or gender identity, sexual orientation, membership of a political, religious, trade union or minority organisation, or any other characteristic that could be subject to discrimination.
Entity: Societe Generale Securities Japan Limited
Starting date: immediate
Publication date: 2020/12/02