See job description for details
Your Team responsibilities
ESG Issuer Communications within MSCI ESG Research is a fast growing and evolving function. We are responsible for the oversight of all interactions with companies in the MSCI ESG Research coverage universe, from a research perspective. This includes, but is not limited to, educating the issuer community on ESG and MSCI ESG Research data and analysis and soliciting insights and feedback from companies. We often represent MSCI at external issuer events globally, and sitting within the broader ESG Research team, we contribute to the development of services and solutions that seek to better connect companies and investors on relevant ESG topics. What we will offer you: Depending on your location of your role, you can expect
Your key responsibilities -
- Competitive fixed and variable compensation, holiday/vacation allowance & retirement savings plans/pensions
- Employee Resource Groups to support you in and out of the office
- A wide range of benefits including - healthcare, dental plans, risk insurances and (location dependent) - cycletowork schemes, gym benefits, retail discounts,
- A purposeful approach to Wellbeing including training, support networks, membership to wellness platforms and vendors, and active local office communities
- A specific and deliberate planning to the physical offices in which we work, and support for everyone spending periods of time working remotely or at home. This approach mirrors our commitment to transparency and sustainability and puts the safety and wellness of our employees at the center of all we do. We aim to provide productive and sustainable work environments and technology that encourages collaboration, creativity and innovation.
This role will be responsible for developing and executing a strategy for MSCI to expand our relationship and influence with corporate issuers and the broader ESG ecosystem in APAC region. This includes:
Your skills and experience that will help you excel -
- Interacting directly with the issuer community to absorb feedback and provide insight on our research processes and model development, e.g. handling select issuer queries and facilitating issuer-research discussions (e.g. roundtables, issuer consultations).
- Establishing connections and partnerships with key bodies such as the Exchanges and industry groups and representing MSCI in external speaking opportunities.
- Acting as the primary point of expertise on issuer insights to help clients and larger client teams understand the evolution of our relationship with issuers.
- Working collaboratively within the Issuer Communications team and across the ESG Research group to research and produce content on various topics related to issuers and contribute to the development of a new service model with companies.
How we'll support you
- 7-10 years relevant work experience
- Experience in ESG investing and/or CSR/Sustainability at a corporate issuer is an asset, particularly an understanding of ESG landscape and uniqueness of various markets in APAC region
- Strong communication and diplomacy skills
- Research and analytical skills; excellent writing capabilities
- Self-starter that can problem-solve resourcefully
- Enthusiasm and experience for working in a collaborative environment
- Comfortable speaking and presenting to large audiences
- English language fluency a must, but working knowledge or expertise in Mandarin, Korean, and/or Japanese an asset.
About MSCI and our teams:
- Coaching and support from experts in your team
- A performance and growth-oriented culture and values
- Opportunities for continuous learning to aid progression
- Goal based objectives and development plans
- Transparent performance-based compensation schemes
- Employee resource groups such as the Women's Leadership Forum, MSCIPRIDE, Black Leadership Network and Eco-Groups.
MSCI is a market leader in Global Indexes, Smart Beta, ESG and Risk Management, and is at the forefront of the secular trends dominating the financial services landscape today. We are committed to the future sustainability and transparency of the financial markets. We create innovative products and services that allow our clients to make more informed investment decisions, and we provide investors with critical performance measurement and risk management data and analytics. Click here to see what we do (link to MSCI brochure)
Our values define the working environment we strive to create. We are inclusive, we champion bold ideas, we always pursue excellence, and always act with integrity. Personal accountability and responsibility are key to success, and we always work as a team to remain client centric.
MSCI is committed to developing a culture and workforce that reflects the clients and communities in which we operate. Increasing our diversity expands our talent pool which helps to accelerate innovation in all we do. We especially encourage members of historically underrepresented groups to apply, including women, ethnic minorities and those in the LGBTQ community. To all recruitment agencies:
MSCI does not accept unsolicited CVs/Resumes. Please do not forward CVs/Resumes to any MSCI employee, location or website. MSCI is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs/Resumes.
MSCI Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is the policy of the Firm to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy/maternity leave), veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.